Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

The Official Focus RS Club "I've ordered" list

37K views 102 replies 39 participants last post by  Goodchildren 
#1 ·
If you've put down a deposit towards a new Focus RS. Put your name here.:)

#101 ·
Guys $2K over MSRP is NOT acceptable. Dealers need to know that we will not pay over MSRP for any vehicle. either keep searching or wait.

Example:
I went to Winner Ford in Dover, DE. The have a grey RS RS2 in the show room. I talked to their "performance salesman" about the car. I said I would like to buy this car today for cash. He said ok and went to get a purchase order. He came back with the purchase order with $5K over MSRP. I told him not acceptable and walked out the door. This was 2 months ago and of last week it was still in the show room. (2 days later) I received a call from Winner Ford customer service wanted to know why I did not purchase the car. As you might expect I informed the service rep about the ADM added therefore I would not purchase the car and would look else where for another RS and also for a new SUV for the wife that we planed to purchase next month. In this case the dealer lost out on 2 new car sales.
Sometimes the best thing to do is to leave your contact information and leave. Sometimes they'll call you and settle on a good deal once they get tired of finding someone to buy it, at one point or another they'll give it. Maybe moving it by the end of the month is motivation for them.

#102 ·
Trying to order a Focus RS. Been a tough road, as most of you probably know. I've contacted seven local Ford Dealers.

I've gotten lots of interesting answers and non-answers about ordering. From seven dealers, seven answers.
Dealer 1. No vehicles are in production.
Dealer 2. Not taking orders until we have a definitive number from Ford.
Dealer 3. Was quoted $2,500 over invoice, but after dozens of emails, they still refuse to take a deposit.
Dealer 4. Quoted $10K over originally. I said I'd consider $5K over so they called back later at $6K over. Sorry, still no.
Dealer 5. After several emails and texts, they won't take an order. Never even quoted a price.
Dealer 6. After dozens of emails, they claim there is no MSRP available for the Focus RS yet. (Although it's on the corporate Ford site.)
Dealer 7. My local dealer has no allocations, but "expects to get some within the week". He screwed up his quote to me, so we settled on a $1,500 premium instead of the $2,500 premium he originally asked for. I gave them a refundable $500 deposit. We'll see.
NO ADM period.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.