Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
None of the order banks or books are open yet, that hasn't stopped people from trying to run out to their local dealers and put money in their faces trying to be #1 to get an RS in their neighborhood.
^ That.

With all the hype around the RS, it's best that anyone serious about getting one does whatever they can to ensure they get in ASAP before having to wait for who knows how long.

Money talks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I mean it's true that money talks and I guess once you stay persistent with the dealers you can keep yourself in the front to place your order first. However, if the books aren't open through the dealership then money can only get you so far. Otherwise the dealers will be taking that deposit home with them haha.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I mean it's true that money talks and I guess once you stay persistent with the dealers you can keep yourself in the front to place your order first. However, if the books aren't open through the dealership then money can only get you so far. Otherwise the dealers will be taking that deposit home with them haha.
lol money gets you far ahead of the pack.
if a deposit they set gets you on a priority list of their own for when order books finally come online.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wonder how competitive it will be to get one. Is there only going to be limited quantities, or will there be one for everyone who wants one?

·
Registered
74 Posts
It seems that Ford will have a good supply available but it really all depends on the level of demand. It also depends on the dealership near you and how much they will be ordering to start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone who's on a waiting list, talked price with their dealer yet? I'm not on a wait list but when talking to one dealer today...he indirectly hinted at a mark up price when I said I would pay MSRP for the RS.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Has anyone who's on a waiting list, talked price with their dealer yet? I'm not on a wait list but when talking to one dealer today...he indirectly hinted at a mark up price when I said I would pay MSRP for the RS.
oh did he now... what did he hint?? I thought Ford had told dealers no markups??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Markup

oh did he now... what did he hint?? I thought Ford had told dealers no markups??
I called area dealers two weeks ago. One stated that MSRP will be 47k and they would be selling for around 60+.

Got a call from the SVT dealer saying they are ready to place orders. Got my deposit in for MSRP. They gave a full features and specs breakdown.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of the dealers I had been talking with for Months called me up yesterday saying they had important and urgent news for me.. Called them back and they said they got their allotment (2 cars) and wanted me to get in as fast as possible to order.. And now I have done so =D

·
Registered
411 Posts
One of the dealers I had been talking with for Months called me up yesterday saying they had important and urgent news for me.. Called them back and they said they got their allotment (2 cars) and wanted me to get in as fast as possible to order.. And now I have done so =D
Did you get it for MSRP like scottydont? The dealership with the 60k+ price tag seems like such a rip off.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did you get it for MSRP like scottydont? The dealership with the 60k+ price tag seems like such a rip off.
It gets even worse when you consider how the value of a vehicle drops off after some time, so not only are you going to lose out on that extra you paid but what it will be worth in what ever amount of time you look at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I jumped on 1 of 2 alloted to a friends dealership, he says most dealers in pacific NW are asking 8-10k over the 36k msrp. I am paying 3k over msrp, and I want it bad enough I'm fine with that.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts