Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a peak through this article as soon as I seen the picture. We can see a Focus RS that looks to have some exterior modifications that make it look quite lethal. Ford was apparently spotted testing this "Performance enhanced Focus RS" which is speculated to be the next RS500. We can see a different hood and a modified front bumper. The vents on the hood could be indicating the need for more cooling, which leads us to believe that it's performance enhanced..

What do you guys think ?! @RedLeader let's here some thoughts ;)

Photos via AutoEvolution

·
Registered
176 Posts
That is a mean mother of a car. If the engine changes are as good as the bodywork changes that is going to be some performance. Makes me think if I was driving it "get out of the way I am coming through, thank you". If it becomes a production model I think it would sell well. ☺

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which do you prefer ? This "RS500" or the confirmed last generation RS500 ??

I'm very anxiously awaiting the specifications on this to see what they did performance wise !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, Old school, most definitely lol.

Apparently this new RS500 should also come with plastic side windows ? Definitely wasn't expecting that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's definitely super cool. Haven't seen that before to be honest, but I think it's a great idea. But I have to wonder how that'll comply with safety standards. I mean, I'm not a safety nancy or anything, but just wondering for certification purposes ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's rumored to use a modified version of the 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine so that may be why there are extra hood vents for cooling. Also, Ford is working on a front electronically-controlled limited-slip differential and a GKN rear final drive unit. Maybe they'll make it into the next RS500.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I'm not mistaken, the GKN rear final drive units will allow you to run the vehicle in full AWD or RWD on tap. That would be insane.

·
Registered
494 Posts
That has me thinking we could see some of these end up in professional drifting since just about all of it appeals to the drifting community and then you have the whole Ken Block part of it that plays in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's possible but I'm really not too sure. It doesn't seem like it'll be taken into the drifting world with much hype. I can definitely see it in the rally sector though, and potentially time attack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts