Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea of what it takes to get navigation on the new Sync 3? The RS comes with Sync3, but in order to get nav it looks like you have to choose the $2800 tech package, which include junk I don't care about.

Older systems unlocked nav by inserting an SD card with maps and a key.

Anyone? Bueller...? :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of what it takes to get navigation on the new Sync 3? The RS comes with Sync3, but in order to get nav it looks like you have to choose the $2800 tech package, which include junk I don't care about.

Older systems unlocked nav by inserting an SD card with maps and a key.

Anyone? Bueller...? :confused:
I could be wrong but i believe you will get it either way. At least thats the way i interpereted it.
Just like the Focus ST with MFT and now sync3 standard on the ST2, and the ST3 adds navigation it's the same for Sync 3 on the RS. Navigation is only included as part of the RS2 package

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's a good excuse to go for the RS2 package, that among the other perks to owning it. Plus by going with that package you might have a better chance in better resale value down the road or an easier sell on the market.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, to get navigation, you must purchase the RS2 package. IMHO, almost all of the stuff in the RS2 package is well thought out. The standard bucket seats in the RS are the same ones as the base seats in the ST, but with RS seat covers. If you try the base ST seats and try the upgraded ST power seats, they fit very differently. I for one found the the power seat is much more comfortable than the standard seat. The US will not get the excellent Recaro shell seats offered in the rest of the world, because of the need for side air bags. Side air bags cannot be fitted into the shell seats.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Over here in ND, the RS2 package was an automatic yes with the heated seats and heated steering wheel. I couldnt care less if the package had nav, haha. But overall it is a well thought out package, including the power seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts