Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you guys will be against modifying the suspension. But lets be honest. it really isnt low enough...

What can we do to slam it?

any ideas? is it possible without loosing all the fancy electronic adjustments.

·
Registered
559 Posts
What do you mean it isn't really low enough? What benefit do you get from having it lower? Not everyone really wants to have it 'slammed'.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean it isn't really low enough? What benefit do you get from having it lower? Not everyone really wants to have it 'slammed'.
Im not going to argue with someone on why or why not to lower, we all have our own preferences.

Mine will be lowered.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You can cut the springs... kidding.

On a serious note, you can wait for aftermarket springs to show up (specific to the RS) but there's a chance what's already on the market for the ST can work in the RS's factory coilover tower.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can cut the springs... kidding.

On a serious note, you can wait for aftermarket springs to show up (specific to the RS) but there's a chance what's already on the market for the ST can work in the RS's factory coilover tower.
fingers crossed they are, would love to drop it 1-2inch almost straight away..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know alot of you guys will be against modifying the suspension. But lets be honest. it really isnt low enough...

What can we do to slam it?

any ideas? is it possible without loosing all the fancy electronic adjustments.

You should buy an SE not an RS if you want to slam it

·
Registered
494 Posts
You should buy an SE not an RS if you want to slam it
Unfortunately it's quite common for people to buy high performance cars like the Focus RS and stance them out, part of the whole stance scene is like that and I can see why.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well the Focus RS Rallycross uses a SLA-type arrangement joined by 3-way adjustable Reiger dampers front and rear. Maybe you can find something similar to what they use?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Unfortunately it's quite common for people to buy high performance cars like the Focus RS and stance them out, part of the whole stance scene is like that and I can see why.

For sure - and I have seen it. They take a performance car and turn it into a static model.

·
Registered
52 Posts
il do what i want. ta

Just seems all of the money you would save by getting an SE could be spent on all sorts of suspension mods.

By slamming an RS you would be wasting all of the money you paid to get the RS suspension. I mean you are just going to be removing all of the engineering that went into making the car handle great. Since you don't really care about performance and are more focused on looks, you could get an SE that has no performance, slap a body kit and some coilovers and get the look you are after. Save a bunch of money!

But like you said, do what you want. Not my money you are throwing away

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just seems all of the money you would save by getting an SE could be spent on all sorts of suspension mods.

By slamming an RS you would be wasting all of the money you paid to get the RS suspension. I mean you are just going to be removing all of the engineering that went into making the car handle great. Since you don't really care about performance and are more focused on looks, you could get an SE that has no performance, slap a body kit and some coilovers and get the look you are after. Save a bunch of money!

But like you said, do what you want. Not my money you are throwing away
I'm with you - I'll never understand buying a car of this nature and then essentially replacing what made it "special". But yea, it's their money - they can do what they want.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm with you - I'll never understand buying a car of this nature and then essentially replacing what made it "special". But yea, it's their money - they can do what they want.
Exactly what I thought, things I would do will complement it, things like a better wheel and tire profile for the track, the list goes on. But for now and for a while driving it as it is, is the best thing to do, get used to it, then seek upgrades.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are several aftermarket spring, spring/shock, and coil over set-ups already here for the RS. Many lower from .7" to 1" in the front, and 1" in the rear. I go do CJ Ponyparts site all the time, drool, and make a wish list! I had the KW V3 Coilovers on my 2014 Fiesta ST, and they were GREAT, but I had NO idea how and where to set all those potential damping/rebound knobs!! For the RS, KW also makes a set of coilovers that allows us to KEEP the ride settings (N/S/T/Drift) as well, and they have the largest potential to raise or lower the car! GOOD LUCK figuring out where to set the shocks. Also, EXPENSIVE: $3300+!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts