Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.

Suspension modifying

6699 Views 17 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Jayjey
I know alot of you guys will be against modifying the suspension. But lets be honest. it really isnt low enough...

What can we do to slam it?

any ideas? is it possible without loosing all the fancy electronic adjustments.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
What do you mean it isn't really low enough? What benefit do you get from having it lower? Not everyone really wants to have it 'slammed'.
Im not going to argue with someone on why or why not to lower, we all have our own preferences.

Mine will be lowered.
What do you mean it isn't really low enough? What benefit do you get from having it lower? Not everyone really wants to have it 'slammed'.
You can cut the springs... kidding.

On a serious note, you can wait for aftermarket springs to show up (specific to the RS) but there's a chance what's already on the market for the ST can work in the RS's factory coilover tower.
fingers crossed they are, would love to drop it 1-2inch almost straight away..
You can cut the springs... kidding.

On a serious note, you can wait for aftermarket springs to show up (specific to the RS) but there's a chance what's already on the market for the ST can work in the RS's factory coilover tower.
You should buy an SE not an RS if you want to slam it
I know alot of you guys will be against modifying the suspension. But lets be honest. it really isnt low enough...

What can we do to slam it?

any ideas? is it possible without loosing all the fancy electronic adjustments.
il do what i want. ta
Unfortunately it's quite common for people to buy high performance cars like the Focus RS and stance them out, part of the whole stance scene is like that and I can see why.
Well the Focus RS Rallycross uses a SLA-type arrangement joined by 3-way adjustable Reiger dampers front and rear. Maybe you can find something similar to what they use?
For sure - and I have seen it. They take a performance car and turn it into a static model.
Unfortunately it's quite common for people to buy high performance cars like the Focus RS and stance them out, part of the whole stance scene is like that and I can see why.
Just seems all of the money you would save by getting an SE could be spent on all sorts of suspension mods.

By slamming an RS you would be wasting all of the money you paid to get the RS suspension. I mean you are just going to be removing all of the engineering that went into making the car handle great. Since you don't really care about performance and are more focused on looks, you could get an SE that has no performance, slap a body kit and some coilovers and get the look you are after. Save a bunch of money!

But like you said, do what you want. Not my money you are throwing away
il do what i want. ta
Reactions: Sy_Guy
I'm with you - I'll never understand buying a car of this nature and then essentially replacing what made it "special". But yea, it's their money - they can do what they want.
Just seems all of the money you would save by getting an SE could be spent on all sorts of suspension mods.

By slamming an RS you would be wasting all of the money you paid to get the RS suspension. I mean you are just going to be removing all of the engineering that went into making the car handle great. Since you don't really care about performance and are more focused on looks, you could get an SE that has no performance, slap a body kit and some coilovers and get the look you are after. Save a bunch of money!

But like you said, do what you want. Not my money you are throwing away
Reactions: S.Elliot
Exactly what I thought, things I would do will complement it, things like a better wheel and tire profile for the track, the list goes on. But for now and for a while driving it as it is, is the best thing to do, get used to it, then seek upgrades.
I'm with you - I'll never understand buying a car of this nature and then essentially replacing what made it "special". But yea, it's their money - they can do what they want.
You may as well just get a Focus Si and replace those parts instead.
boring... so so boring.
Jordan - people are trying to help you but it looks like you are getting in the way of yourself
boring... so so boring.
Reactions: Sy_Guy
There are several aftermarket spring, spring/shock, and coil over set-ups already here for the RS. Many lower from .7" to 1" in the front, and 1" in the rear. I go do CJ Ponyparts site all the time, drool, and make a wish list! I had the KW V3 Coilovers on my 2014 Fiesta ST, and they were GREAT, but I had NO idea how and where to set all those potential damping/rebound knobs!! For the RS, KW also makes a set of coilovers that allows us to KEEP the ride settings (N/S/T/Drift) as well, and they have the largest potential to raise or lower the car! GOOD LUCK figuring out where to set the shocks. Also, EXPENSIVE: $3300+!
You can look for a suspension replacement I got less price but it is an OEM one.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts