Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Europe has just announced that the Ford Focus RS is sold out Worldwide. The only way you will get one now if you have not already placed an order is by finding a dealer has already ordered one for stock. I think we know that he will be charging well over the list price now!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good - now maybe they'll share an accurate # of RS's sold globally and by region.
8,800 units produced in MY 16 which was January 2016 to July 2016 and an estimated 13,000 units still to manufacture in MY 17. There is still the question of the 500 RS500 units as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Most definitely. I wonder if you'll have the people that will buy them and try to re-sell them after they're all sold out

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ford build approximately 40 RS units each day. In the seven months of MY16 they have publicly stated 8,800 built. MY17 will run from September16 to end of July17, allow for a couple of weeks of low production over Christmas and the New Year the numbers seem about right. Then if the RS500 is built take another couple of weeks off. We will have to wait and see what the actual production is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Umm, I just ordered one... so not sure this is accurate - Ford will build as many as customers will order - they're still producing them..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Umm, I just ordered one... so not sure this is accurate - Ford will build as many as customers will order - they're still producing them..
I do hope so my build slot is January. Your order may well be a dealer build slot that's already been put on the system.

Have a look on You Tube under "Ford Performance Cars Selling like Hot Cakes in 2016".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry if I missed it - how many RS owners in the USA ?

Thanks..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rs500

Does anyone know if the RS500 will ever make it to the US? Seems like its in the air from what I read. If the RS500 never makes it, can someone explain what mods it would take to turn a regular RS into the special built RS500 I keep hearing about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got my RS Oct 3rd of 2017, it had been sitting at a dealer for a while. It was NOT marked up, but had been ordered for a customer with EVERYTHING possible, including the Y-spoke alloys with Cup 2 summer tires, moon-roof (which I NEVER would've ordered) the winter tire/wheel package, AND a car cover (about $380!!!!) So, no mark up, but high enough base cost! I certainly would've headed to Tire Rack for a winter tire package--have done that with all mine and my wife's cars. Would've saved a good bit. I DID add WeatherTech Floor Liners, and the darker tinted window shades. There was a Red 2018 Limited Edition at my dealer's---I should've held out that I would only get a 2018 RS if they could get one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah sadly they are all sold out.. finally after a long time I decited to buy me a focus rs, used to own few escord xr3i and rs back in the days and decited it was time to get a fun car, im 47 btw but sadly it's all
sold out.

im seeying rumors that focus rs 2019 will come but only for europe, im really hoping it's true, I dont care if i wait till next year as long as i can preorder one, but as it stands i have zero information
and the dealership here in Iceland have no clue at the moment but hopefully when they will start selling the new focus next month they can give me a update on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts