Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I came across this site researching the 2016 RS. I currently own a 1991 GMC Syclone and a 2013 VW Golf TDi. After the latest VW fiasco..I'm seriously considering trading it in and picking up a RS. I started talking to one of the local ford dealers today, and he stated his dealership has 5 allocations for the RS and will begin ordering on 12 October. I told him I'd be willing to pay MSRP but he stated his dealership normally sells SVT vehicles at fair market value. (His exact words)....aka a markup price.

Does anyone really buy into the markup ploy? I'm not so **** bent on trading the golf, so I'm not going in as I must have the RS...but I definitely would like to own it...at the right price.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey all! I came across this site researching the 2016 RS. I currently own a 1991 GMC Syclone and a 2013 VW Golf TDi. After the latest VW fiasco..I'm seriously considering trading it in and picking up a RS. I started talking to one of the local ford dealers today, and he stated his dealership has 5 allocations for the RS and will begin ordering on 12 October. I told him I'd be willing to pay MSRP but he stated his dealership normally sells SVT vehicles at fair market value. (His exact words)....aka a markup price.

Does anyone really buy into the markup ploy? I'm not so **** bent on trading the golf, so I'm not going in as I must have the RS...but I definitely would like to own it...at the right price.
welcome to the boards! we'll see... if other dealers aren't marking them up, or Ford says don't you dare, market value will be MSRP...

Its strange though because the dealers are Fords customers and we're customers of the dealers. Ford knows markups are poor for consumer perception, but the dealers are the ones who ultimately own the car... problem is you get people who are willing to pay say $5K over MSRP and that sets the precedence...

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wouldn't pay the markup and don't think anyone should since it's unnecessary, rather just shop around and find somewhere I can get it for MSRP or just wait.

There will always be those folks with the $5k to throw around and won't think twice about dropping it down, see it all the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welcome to the boards! we'll see... if other dealers aren't marking them up, or Ford says don't you dare, market value will be MSRP...

Its strange though because the dealers are Fords customers and we're customers of the dealers. Ford knows markups are poor for consumer perception, but the dealers are the ones who ultimately own the car... problem is you get people who are willing to pay say $5K over MSRP and that sets the precedence...
I agree - customers who pay the markup cost drive the markup market. Fortunately, I received an email back from another local dealer who stated he would order the RS and sell at MSRP to me. So that's a good start. Now to contemplate on selling the Syclone...lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree - customers who pay the markup cost drive the markup market. Fortunately, I received an email back from another local dealer who stated he would order the RS and sell at MSRP to me. So that's a good start. Now to contemplate on selling the Syclone...lol
Oh man what a dilemma... like choosing to chop your right or left foot off ahahaha...

I'd love to say don't sell it its so unique... but then again so is the RS ahaha... any pics?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do but not sure how to add with my iPad on here. It's a Syclone though, black. Only thing look wise I've done is added staggered 19" black racing wheels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I do but not sure how to add with my iPad on here. It's a Syclone though, black. Only thing look wise I've done is added staggered 19" black racing wheels.
hey man welcome to the boards... you'll need to add them into the gallery and then you can grab the url and paste it here... or just use tiny pic

·
Registered
471 Posts
Only downside is there's a limit of 10 photo's, anything more and you're better off uploading to a photo hosting site like Flickr.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts