Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Price gouging has begun

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  centurion 
#1 ·
From the Volkswagen forum I read:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...eed-manual&p=91980089&viewfull=1#post91980089

So, here's the email I received from my local dealer today:

Tom Holzer Ford
Special Order Opportunity
You are receiving this notice because you have expressed interest in the
2016 Ford Focus RS!
Tom Holzer Ford is currently able to order its NEXT TWO 2016 Focus RS’s.
We are contacting all interested parties in order to establish pricing and to award the ability to
special order the next two Focus RS’s of our dealer allocation to your specifications!
Due to the high interest and demand for this limited production vehicle, dealers will be selling the RS for well over MSRP.
This will be a silent bid event. One bid per person. Highest 2 bids win rights to the cars.
Please return this notice with the amount over MSRP that you are willing to pay to special order your Focus RS.
Bids must be submitted by Thursday 1-14 at 6pm. No exceptions.
Deposits and order for winning bids must be submitted by Monday 01-18-2016.
**See email attachment for a fully loaded mock up example order.
There will be a required $2,000 Non-Refundable deposit at time of order. (Applicable to the sale at time of delivery)

I think I'm starting to hate dealers more and more every day...
Silent bidding? Non-refundable deposit? Do they this is a Ford GT or something?!?!??!!

#6 ·
While we are selling ours over MSRP, its because the market allows it. Ford is producing such small numbers that demand far exceeds supply. On the plus side it will allow the car to hold its value better than most other cars, much like the STI's from Subaru, 4-5 years old selling for 10% less than original MSRP is amazing. Speaking of the GT, in ~04 we sold 7 GT's at well over MSRP, why, because the market allowed it, ~$120K car sold for $250-$300K. Unless you have a signed contract/agreement on the price I expect nearly every dealer to sell above MSRP once they arrive.
The non-refundable deposit is probably because once an RS order is submitted the dealer can not cancel it for any reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.