Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I am a new member. I am a Brit but currently living in the United Arab Emirates.

I have been trying to give my local ford dealer a deposit for an RS for the last 5 months but they still have no idea when the car will make it to the middle east.

Today one of the guys at the dealership said that he has heard they are having issues with the cars cooling and may send a detuned car to my region.

Has anybody heard anything about when the car will be available here and whether or not it will be full power?

Thanks

heggers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've not read anything about cooling issues for the FoRS3 (apart from the intercooler being too efficient in cold, humid conditions - hence the blanking plate on one side).

·
Registered
137 Posts
This whole detuned thing is throwing me off, after coming from another thread where California cars would get a different package because of they're crazy emission laws. How much do they really tone the cars down ?!

·
Registered
33 Posts
The crappy Cali fuel is an automatic drop in power. I don't know what else they would do. We could kill the cat and help it maybe?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The crappy Cali fuel is an automatic drop in power. I don't know what else they would do. We could kill the cat and help it maybe?
Killing the cat, opening up the downpipe and tuning it would help a bit. But I'm sure a good tuner down there can figure out how to work with the crappy fuel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Killing the cat, opening up the downpipe and tuning it would help a bit. But I'm sure a good tuner down there can figure out how to work with the crappy fuel
I agree. And the smell is awful. I had the Cobb Stage 1 for the ST and it changed the clutch feel. It got pretty heavy compared to the stock setting but it did help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The smell is most definitely gonna be awful. But... it would sound very pleasant. That's odd though, how did it affect your clutch ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The smell is most definitely gonna be awful. But... it would sound very pleasant. That's odd though, how did it affect your clutch ?
Yeah. Definitely odd. My WRX had no clutch changes but it was very noticeable on the FoST. When I switched back to stock, the clutch was lighter.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Probably best to keep it that way anyways, more time to really expeirence the RS in its mostly stock form which for a lot of cars should be done. Some people are too quick to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Probably best to keep it that way anyways, more time to really expeirence the RS in its mostly stock form which for a lot of cars should be done. Some people are too quick to go aftermarket.
Agreed. These cars are way over the head of most of the people that drive it IMHO. Including me of course me. I still want to own one though while I can still use my old knees. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts