Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are some of you managing to book your orders at MSRP, are you just dealing with excellent dealers or did you 'say' something to them LOL

Most of them are looking for at least $5K over from what I've seen so far...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I literally walked into my local dealer asking for some more info on the RS, and the salesman said that they had two to sell. One they had already sold at MSRP, and he said he wouldnt sell the second for any more than the first. I got the second one for MSRP just like he said.

I did call a dealer about 60 miles down the road and the salesman said they were marking up 6-7k depending on how you kit it out.

I think it just depends on the dealer....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, it just depends on the dealer. The first one that I talked to wanted a 5k addendum. I have a friend that works at another dealership that is a bit further and had him ask for me and they were willing to sell at MSRP.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You could be able to play dealers off one another, but demand is so high that I would just snatch one up if you find a deal that you think sounds acceptable.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I literally walked into my local dealer asking for some more info on the RS, and the salesman said that they had two to sell. One they had already sold at MSRP, and he said he wouldnt sell the second for any more than the first. I got the second one for MSRP just like he said.

I did call a dealer about 60 miles down the road and the salesman said they were marking up 6-7k depending on how you kit it out.
Wow you're so lucky to be living near nice dealers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I bet it partly depends on the area. More urban areas would probably have more demand. There could also be areas that just have more of a crowd that would be interested in performance. All I'm saying is that demand may be high generally, but as far as dealer markups go, it could matter more how that demand is distributed geographically.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You could be able to play dealers off one another, but demand is so high that I would just snatch one up if you find a deal that you think sounds acceptable.
I can imagine that would be hard, with the demand this thing has they'll just hang up the phone on you and wait on the next guy that will walk in as soon as he knows one is still available.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Do you think they will make more next year? And if they do will there be much less mark up because the demand will have weakened by then?

·
Registered
471 Posts
With hype died down by then, I can imagine that being the case. Then there's the Honda Civic Type R that should be out by then rendering the RS not as much in the hype as it is currently.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I can wait a year or so if it means that I will get to save a good $3k - 5k because dealers can't mark up the price any more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts