Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

OMG!!! JUST RELEASED! 345 HP & 325 TRQ for the 2016 FOCUS RS!!!

7K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Cosmonaut 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I think what is more exciting than the numbers themselves is how those numbers stack up to the competition. All the sudden I'm not so sad that we aren't getting the Civic Type R here in Canada.

The 30th Ford RS model already packs more power and torque than the new Honda Civic Type R (306 hp, 295 lb-ft), Volkswagen Golf R (292 hp, 280 lb-ft), Subaru WRX STI (305 hp, 290 lb-ft) or the Nürburgring-conquering Renault Mégane 275 Trophy-R (271 hp, 266 lb-ft) and Seat Leon Cupra (276 hp, 258 lb-ft). It even respectably holds its own against the more upscale BMW M235i (320 hp, 330 lb-ft), Mercedes A45/CLA45 AMG (355 hp, 332 lb-ft), and Audi RS3 (362 hp, 343 lb-ft).

#12 ·
Here's how it was explained for the Focus ST:

ENGINE OVERBOOST

Your ST vehicle offers a period of additional torque delivery referred to as overboost or overtorque. This feature of the engine calibration broadens the RPM range of the peak torque curve. This gives improved performance during maneuvers such as passing and vehicle launch.

Note: The overboost feature controls a variety of engine parameters to deliver additional torque. Overboost is built into the engine calibration on your ST vehicle and no action is required by the driver to engage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.