Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curious if anyone has info on the 10 speaker Sony sound system that the RS will be coming with. Although I will probably be listening to pops and burbles most the time while driving, on the side I am an "amateur" audiophile and really enjoy my music.

I cannot find anything as to the quality of the system, and although my hopes arent very high for a premium sound experience I was wondering if anyone else has some knowledge of it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rs sony system

Enjoy the awesome performance of the Audio System from Sony® which is available in the available Navigation with Sony®/SYNC® 3 and ST2 package. It’s standard on Titanium. Featured components include Sony, 390 watts of power and 10 Sony speakers (9 speakers for Electric) including a rear subwoofer. It comes with a single-CD player and is, of course, MP3-capable. On Electric, the Sony Audio system has 9 speakers.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/rs/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enjoy the awesome performance of the Audio System from Sony® which is available in the available Navigation with Sony®/SYNC® 3 and ST2 package. It’s standard on Titanium. Featured components include Sony, 390 watts of power and 10 Sony speakers (9 speakers for Electric) including a rear subwoofer. It comes with a single-CD player and is, of course, MP3-capable. On Electric, the Sony Audio system has 9 speakers.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/rs/
Thanks for the reply. I apologize for not being clearer about the question, I was referring to any first hand experience that anyone has had with the system. I didnt see that it was standard on titanium, maybe I should stop by my local ford dealer and check out one of their new Focuses, maybe that would have the same audio system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sony stereo

Just collected my rs today and i have never had such a bad sounding stereo not even in a van.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just collected my rs today and i have never had such a bad sounding stereo not even in a van.
Hi,

I have complained to my Ford dealership about the sound system on my RS. The speakers distort very early and the sub is not the standard I was expecting. I have to say that the standard 10 year old speakers in my 56 Focus Zetec are much better.

I have been told that Ford are aware there is an issue and are looking into it, hopefully this isn't to shut me up as I will continue to moan until it is sorted. It may take a while to solve, being ford. But register your issue with your dealership so you potentially get some notification.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got mine yesterday and the sound quality is great for a stock sound system.
Now if you are used to building your own system with the proper acoustics to your car then this isnt that great.

However.... It is still a good system, enough so that I dont see myself ever changing it out. Maybe some small changes but over all its pretty decent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sound....System

Hi, Got mine in December. It's tolerable. But...I didn't buy the car for the stereo. That's just an extra. Works fine with Apple play. So I have the stuff I need. Car is quiet enough in "normal" mode for a good system if you need that sort of thing. So if you are into tunes and don't need or want Sync 3 then pony up for a new system. I'm going to upgrade my system to a Magnafow! ;-)

ryergti

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought mine and am not impressed with the sound system. Will be looking for ways to beef it up keeping the headend stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would definitely like to upgrade the stock amp and sub for a better one. Hopefully we can get some kind of upgrades made for this. Because I hate that the max volume is only 30. Its barely hearable if you're cruising on the highway at 80mph with the windows down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts