Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

New member in NM

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Jobber 
#1 ·
Just ordered my 2016 Focus RS to complement my 2009 Evo MR. Have wanted an RS since they had Cosworth parts! Ronnie P.

#8 ·
I have only seen pictures of the nitrous blue which I know won't be accurate. The dealer had a dealer order book with a chip, but I ordered the blue because I didn't want any of the other colors. I didn't ask how many the dealer had allocated. I just knew that they were able to order the car, so they had at the least one. I just happen to have stepped into the dealer and asked about the MSRP. I like others had real difficulties finding a dealer who was willing to sell at MSRP. I had 2 in NM who were willing, but neither had an allocation. They were small dealers. The 2 in NM who had allocations wanted a $5k or $10k addendum. I had to go to another state get it at MSRP. When they said they were willing to sell at MSRP and had an allocation, I stopped asking questions, and put my money down. It seems like an unlikely dealer to sell at MSRP, since they are in a very affluent neighborhood. I know they are a large volume dealer, but they specialize in the luxury models, especially Mercury, not fords performance cars. They gave me a copy of the order confimation showing the addition of the car to the order bank for them, and should have a build date allocated in the next 3 weeks.

#9 ·
I think them doing that also has to do with developing a relationship with customers which ends up benefiting them and the customer a lot. Willing to bet someone is more likely to go to a dealer that gave them a good experience from the start rather than one trying to get the most from the first interaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.