Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
OK, we are watching this, which means I suppose it has been effective. Having said that what is the point of this? Like, where would they put this where people would watch it other than a forum specifically dedicated to the Focus RS?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Michelin teamed up with Ford to provide Ford's Performance Vehicle lineup with their tires. Think the Focus RS will come with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport as standard.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, we are watching this, which means I suppose it has been effective. Having said that what is the point of this? Like, where would they put this where people would watch it other than a forum specifically dedicated to the Focus RS?
it was part of a press release for Ford and Michelins new partnership...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even so, content of this quality isn't doing them any good. Do good content, or don't do any at all.
whats your metrics then? how do you quantify quality, how do you quantify good content?

Is it not good because you've decided it's not good, because that's not really worth much...

don't romanticize content, its not the 60's anymore. The name of the game is speed and volume, get it out, get the clicks...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Even so, content of this quality isn't doing them any good. Do good content, or don't do any at all.
Going with this guy, quality of the content matters. Not always about the "clicks" but instead what people think of you after they make the click...... :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Going with this guy, quality of the content matters. Not always about the "clicks" but instead what people think of you after they make the click...... :)
that holds true for longcontent. Short content is supposed to be quickly digestible and quirky. This is quickly digestible and quirky. Like even the Michelin man loves the RS, takes a selfie. one and done... The rise of vine and other sub 10 second video apps show us that what consumers demand is raw, quirky and quick content... consume, onto the next one. There is no time for digestion as we speed towards 2016 ;)

You're not supposed to derive value from it you're just supposed to click on it...

Tell me this, how many people would watch a 15 minute video about the engineering synergies between the two companies when developing mutually benefitical products? I would, but I'm a geek... There are a lot less geeks then there are bros, and bros click... (IMO ;))

·
Registered
411 Posts
15 minutes isn't bad compared to a 40+ minute documentary on a BMW(i think) production plant I tried watching.

autoblog.com does a good job of keeping your attention and providing you with relevant content as the video has been removed.
Just found this nugget of information from them.
Ford and Michelin engineers collaborate from program inception on unique tire constructions and compounds for each Ford Performance vehicle
It's not just new designs but they're coming out with new compounds to suit each car's driving characteristics. Any ideas on what kind of compound they'e working on for the Focus RS?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts