Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

I've Driven the RS Focus - Road Report

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Red Leader 
#1 ·
Hello fellow members.

I was very fortunate today to drive the RS Focus, in summary a stunning car.

The first thing you notice, is the car in blue, is even better in the flesh than the pictures or in showroom lights. I was not sure about the black wheels, I am going to order with the standard silver ones, it's all down to the individual tastes. In sunlight, the paint has a sparkle to it and sets off the body kit and lines superbly.

In traffic the car is fully manageable, no surging or stalling, the clutch is light and is a little bit on/off, but you would expect this for this sort of car. When you hit a clear road and overtake in normal mode, the turbo comes in with little lag and you're off, totally controllable power. The steering is positive with lots of feedback.

If you power around roundabouts there is no drama, no tyre noise no body roll, you just increase your speed to your exit road.

After selecting sport mode, the exhaust note has more pops and bangs on over run but not unpleasant. The dampers also firm up and the ride is a little harder, again you could travel several hundred miles and listen to the radio.

The car is a joy to drive, and we will all be looking forward to our order arriving, followed by many happy trips. Comments like - I think we will take that twisty road will become common place for an RS owner.

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to give you my opinion. ☺

See less See more
#3 ·
The power is good before the turbo comes in, I guess (I did not spend loads of time looking at the rpm, as car in front was closing in fast) it starts to deliver some boost at around 2,500 and is on full boost above 3,500 rpm. There is so much power lowdown, providing you're in the correct gear you are watching the gap closing as things are happening rapidly. Once on full boost it's just eye watering.

The brakes are stunning, very well matched to the cars performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.