Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Is A Ford Focus ST280 In The Future?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ExtremeFocus 
#1 ·

If you can’t get your hands on a Focus RS, maybe the Focus ST280 could fill the void. Nothing official has been announced yet but a Carscoops spy spotted a Focus ST prototype being tested at Nürburgring today.

The current FWD ST has 250hp and the AWD RS has 350hp so there’s a power gap in the Focus lineup that Ford can fill with a more powerful version of the ST. At this year’s Geneva show Ford revealed an improved version of the Fiesta ST called the ST200, maybe a similar power increase could be in the ST’s future.

We could see the Focus ST get a 20 to 30 horsepower bump for a total output of 270hp or 280hp. Given that the new Fiesta ST was dubbed ST200, the new Focus ST may have a horsepower suffix attached to it like ST270 or ST280.

Other changes may include a lowered and re-tuned suspension, faster steering system, new wheels, chin spoiler, aerodynamic fins on the bumper sides and maybe even bigger brakes like the Fiesta ST200. This is just the prototype so we don’t know what the production model will be equipped with.

The Focus ST280 may make an appearance at the 2016 Paris Motor Show in October.

See less See more
#4 ·
Another good option, one I would seriously consider is to get a used Fieta ST and do modifications to that. That small of a car packing the power it already has will be a fun street toy to me.

But of course i'm a gear head and adding more power will be a must. Then gutting the interior on autocross days to kick it up a notch. :D

#6 ·
COBB Tune the ST. Ad Aftermarket exhaust and have a blast.

I have an RS on order. Currently I drive a 2013 ST with the above mods and the car is more fun to drive than my previous 1999, 2001 or 2003 Cobra's.
The ST has 38,000 trouble free miles on it and the COBB tune was added at around 8,000 miles. I have the tune requiring 93 Octane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.