Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke to a rep from HPE about performance packages for the upcoming Focus RS. He indicated that they are seriously considering producing a upgrade package for the new Focus RS. I asked them to put me on their mailing list so I will be informed of any additions to their product line. I imagine others could do this also.
Hennessey Performance Engineering, Inc. web site:
www.hennesseyperformance.com

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wonder if Steeda and Roush will get on the 2.3? I know Roush has already built a 500 horse Ecoboost mustang, could that be a possibility for the RS?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Considering they tuned the Chevy SS which got low production numbers, this is bound to happen, there's probably going to be just as many RS's as there is SS's. Plus they know this demographic of buyers will buy in at a good rate since for some of us... stock is not an option .

·
Registered
58 Posts
So excuse my ignorance as I am not very familiar with performance packages, but I have heard/read that the 2.3 Ecoboost going in the RS is already being pushed to close its "reliable" limit at 350hp stock....how could you get away putting a performance kit which brings out another 100-200hp without blowing the engine after 10k miles?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hennessy Performance isn't all about ramming in as much power into a vehicle as possible unless its what complements what the overall aim for that vehicle is, the RS is a different breed, whatever amount of power will be added will need to complement other non power related performance components that come into play. It needs to be a well rounded package.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heads up everyone. Hennessey Performance will be offering engine management tuning, air induction systems, intercooler systems, stainless steel down pipes and exhaust upgrades, and turbo system upgrades for the Focus RS. More may come but that's what they have for now. No specs yet either but we'll have to wait until people start receiving their Focus RS'.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Heard Hennessey Performance Engineering is notorious for being overpriced and they're sketchy as **** with a lot of lawsuits. Guess I'll be skipping them for Cobb or other options based on the rumor mill.

Anyone heard of what they've done?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Heard Hennessey Performance Engineering is notorious for being overpriced and they're sketchy as **** with a lot of lawsuits. Guess I'll be skipping them for Cobb or other options based on the rumor mill.

Anyone heard of what they've done?
I found this link from like 2 years ago. Apparently majority of his poor decisions were made 5+ years ago but I wouldn't doubt some shadiness still continues on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/1fecpk/what_exactly_did_hennessey_do_to_make_himself_so/

·
Registered
33 Posts
So excuse my ignorance as I am not very familiar with performance packages, but I have heard/read that the 2.3 Ecoboost going in the RS is already being pushed to close its "reliable" limit at 350hp stock....how could you get away putting a performance kit which brings out another 100-200hp without blowing the engine after 10k miles?
I remember hearing that too. I think it was in regards to the transmission. I wish I can remember the interview. That was one of my main concerns about the car but I don't think I'll be pushing this car at 100% all the time or if I can even get close to 100% of its capability.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm starting to think the way to make this reliable and truly reliable, as in daily reliable without worry is with internal engine mods and going beyond the average quick bolt on.

Just my take on it. Might cost more in the end then most of us are willing to put up with.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm starting to think the way to make this reliable and truly reliable, as in daily reliable without worry is with internal engine mods and going beyond the average quick bolt on.

Just my take on it. Might cost more in the end then most of us are willing to put up with.
Hmm.. kind of sort of I guess. Everything has its drawbacks. For example, going with forged pistons will definitely make them stronger for higher horsepower applications, but they require more gap between them and the cylinder wall which in turn can result in "quicker" wear than oem. You just have to build accordingly to the purpose of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If i were you I would skip the idea of going with HPE. Yeah they made some fast cars sure. But 4 banger turbos cars are not their specialty and I wouldn't want to be the one testing out their products. They are known to be extremely over priced as his product has become somewhat of a popular brand name in the higher end muscle car community. He will do the same to us in the RS community. I'm waiting for someone who has experience in the 4 banger turbo department.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea their definitely out of the question at this point. Way too sketch, too many situations where things have gone sour and bad. Employee testimonials, customer complaints, the whole nine yards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plus the owner is a douche. I've seen him posting on forums just going ape Sh*t and bragging about how much money he has, his cars, etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts