Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Brad. Been around cars for a LONG time. This will be the first new Ford I've ever purchased. Just put down a deposit on an allocated 2016 RS. Ordered in Stealth Gray with the RS2 package, and forged wheels. Wanted a moonroof.... but wanted helmet clearance more! :D

All the dealers I contacted in the PNW wanted ADM of aprox 5k to 10k. Ordered from Mike Naughton Ford in Aurora, CO at MSRP. I'm having it drop shipped to a local dealer who told me they had 6 allocated, and had already pre-sold 3 of them for anywhere between $7,500 and $10,000 ADM. Gonna be a fun pickup. >:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
My name is Brad. Been around cars for a LONG time. This will be the first new Ford I've ever purchased. Just put down a deposit on an allocated 2016 RS. Ordered in Stealth Gray with the RS2 package, and forged wheels. Wanted a moonroof.... but wanted helmet clearance more! :D

All the dealers I contacted in the PNW wanted ADM of aprox 5k to 10k. Ordered from Mike Naughton Ford in Aurora, CO at MSRP. I'm having it drop shipped to a local dealer who told me they had 6 allocated, and had already pre-sold 3 of them for anywhere between $7,500 and $10,000 ADM. Gonna be a fun pickup. >:)
WOW. Good work on that one!!! Congrats on the order and welcome to the show!!

·
Registered
313 Posts

welcome to the group! Do you know what the other dealer allocations were like by chance?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Crazy mark up but it's going to be a lot of fun, fun that will make up for the extra paid. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about it once getting good seat time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
He is correct on mark up, I ordered mine through a dealership owner and friend and I am still paying 3k over msrp, had 2 other dealerships trying to get my business but could'nt/would'nt compete, was told they are getting 8-10k over.
I also went stealth grey/ RS2, but I did get moonroof.

·
Registered
494 Posts
8-10k over is just nuts, that sort of markup gets you a fast car in a class or two above the RS.

I guess they see the potential in getting someone to pay that mark up or room for negotiation if that's what it comes down to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts