Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Hello from Ohio!!

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Lowen 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Owen and I'm from Ohio. I ordered my RS in January. I have been driving a Cobalt SS since 2007, so this is going to be a huge upgrade. I cant wait to check out everyone's RS when they start to deliver them. I'm also excited to see everyone's personal review of the car. Anyone else in Ohio getting an RS? :D:cool:

#2 ·
Congrats on the order and purchase.

Did you get gouged with dealer mark ups like some other people on the forum have been reporting?

Wonder how many Focus RSs are allocated to Ohio. I bet that only a select few people there will be able to get one so spotting one or having another Ohio owner here would be a pretty fun turn of events.

Cheers!

#4 ·
Thank You! It was a lot better than what I was originally told. First of all finding an allocation was a total pain! Dealers in my area were saying that they were charging up to $5000 over sticker based on how many allocations they were given. I ended up walking only paying $1000 over so in all reality it could have been worse. I've always have had the mentality that you have to pay to play. I know for a fact that there are going to be at least 4 or 5 of them in my area.

#5 ·
My cobalt I would say is tastefully modded. 4-2-1 header, Megan Racing cat back, springs, CAI, tune, and all cooling mods. Its basically begging for the GM stage 3 kit but the car is getting older and things are bound to start to go wrong. The car only has 59k on it and was never really beat on. Its going to be sad to see it go, but its time. I saw an RS at the auto show and fell in love with it. I doubt I will be doing any modding right off the rip with the factory warranty and all, but if Ford comes out with a tune or basic bolt on parts that don't void the warranty then I'm all in. Other than that probably just tint the windows and call it good.

#10 ·
Black RS

A black RS with accent colors would look amazing. And yea, I feel like car manufacturers stick with one special color for promotion and the other ones get left behind.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome! Yea I must agree with you guys about the blue. Every picture I have seen has been almost misleading. In some pictures it looks darker than in others. IMO the color is too light, almost powder blue. If it would have been the same blue as the Mustang I would have been all over it. But even the dealer couldn't tell me. They didn't even have any pamphlets on it, so I went with the easy choice.... Black! I saw on the forums that most people are getting blue... To which I say "to each their own" But I did see some amazing pictures of the black RS so I'm not mad about the decision I made.

#12 ·
Hot Orange

That has me starting to think about other colors, other sporty colors, maybe some that Ford should come out with, like this hot orange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSIsjF_zUWI
Yea that orange does look awesome on that Audi! I myself have never been a huge fan of bright stand out colors. To me I would call that color "pull me over orange" :D:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.