Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

G'day from Down Under

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  centurion 
#1 ·
Hi all from Sydney, Australia.
I've previously - in my youth - owned a Snow White RS2000 2 door so I was excited to see Ford reintroducing the RS badge on a car that ticked all my boxes.
I paid my deposit for a Frozen White Mk3 on the 28th December.
So filled with anticipation I've stumbled across this forum... hopefully this will help given the long wait for delivery (expected around May).
I can't believe some of the horror stories I'm reading about dealer 'mark ups'. I haven't bought many new cars in my time, but does that happen in Australia? We have 'Dealer Delivery Fees' - are they standard across all dealers or variable?
Anyway, looking for to chatting.
Cheers.

#5 ·
Hi Cosmonaut,

I've got a feeling, in Australia at least, most (if not all) Dealers may be charging MSRP and the Dealer Delivery Fees are fairly standard too? Unless someone corrects me of course.
Basically all media I read suggested the base price locally is AUD 50,990 + on road costs and that's certainly what my deposit is based on. There was no discussion or negotiation with the Dealer about about price. I knew the MSRP and that's what I expected to pay… hence my surprise regarding what I'm reading about on the Forum from around the globe.

Kind regards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.