Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Ford Focus Production Will be at Centre of UAW Contract negotiation

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  centurion 
#1 ·
The UAW has been renegotiating contracts recently, and soon it sit down at the negotiating table with Ford. Focus production has been moved to Mexico, and that leaves the future of its previous home, Ford's Michigan Assembly plant in Wayne, in limbo.

"I will save my comments for Ford when we open up Ford," negotiations, Williams said last week during the GM event. "I will say it’s always concerning to me when any corporation invests outside of the U.S....there are a variety of reasons to do it…we will address Ford at the right time."
Apparently, moving production of a vehicle a few days before the start of contract discussions is somewhat unusual.

Ford has said that it has no intention of closing the plant, but has not yet said what car or truck would replace it.

The Detroit Free Press goes into more detail on what Ford pays compares to other companies, and also its two tier payment structure.

"Ford and the UAW have come a long way since 2007, and have both benefited from working together," Ford said on a Web site dedicated to contract talks. "The UAW has taken a constructive approach in working with Ford. Meanwhile, the company has made, kept and exceeded our promises on job creation, in-sourcing and investment."
The two tier system sounds terrible. I hope that there is a move to bring the two wage systems into more parity.

#2 ·
The UAW has been renegotiating contracts recently, and soon it sit down at the negotiating table with Ford. Focus production has been moved to Mexico, and that leaves the future of its previous home, Ford's Michigan Assembly plant in Wayne, in limbo.

Apparently, moving production of a vehicle a few days before the start of contract discussions is somewhat unusual.

Ford has said that it has no intention of closing the plant, but has not yet said what car or truck would replace it.

The Detroit Free Press goes into more detail on what Ford pays compares to other companies, and also its two tier payment structure.

The two tier system sounds terrible. I hope that there is a move to bring the two wage systems into more parity.
You do know it was the UAW who had a huge hand in bankrupting the US auto industry back in 2008?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.