Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Focus RS500

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Cosmonaut 
#1 ·
Think they'll do it again?

#5 ·
Thanks for bringing this up! It would be pretty awesome to see what Ford can create on top of the RS just like they did back in the day with the Cosworth RS200 or the previous Ford Focus RS500. The question is, how can Ford make the 2016 Ford Focus RS better? If they do make a new RS500 it's gotta have at least 450 horses underneath the hood and fine tune suspension..

#9 ·
Oh look, you actually said something of meaning in this thread now. Now we can have a conversation.

I think that if they do build a RS500, it will be a little down the road after the Focus RS is released. People would definitely go for the increased horsepower. That would be playing right into enthusiasts' hands.

#14 ·
Oh look, you actually said something of meaning in this thread now. Now we can have a conversation.

I think that if they do build a RS500, it will be a little down the road after the Focus RS is released. People would definitely go for the increased horsepower. That would be playing right into enthusiasts' hands.
shall we still wait for you to?

#12 ·
They definitely have options

The way I see it, this platform is going to give them lots of room for an extreme version. Since the RS is going global, they will have a solid idea of what the demand would be based on sales of the standard RS. Now that they have the 4-wheel drive onboard, they can definitely play with the power plant more freely without the old rhyme of "will it torque-steer? noobs stay clear!" being chanted in every press article. They also have the adaptive system on-board, so they could play with that also, maybe add driving modes like 'Brown Pants' and 'Vomitronic Off'. The standard exterior is all about restraint and usability, so there's room for exaggeration there too: a bigger rear spoiler, drill some holes here and there...

#13 ·
The way I see it, this platform is going to give them lots of room for an extreme version. Since the RS is going global, they will have a solid idea of what the demand would be based on sales of the standard RS. Now that they have the 4-wheel drive onboard, they can definitely play with the power plant more freely without the old rhyme of "will it torque-steer? noobs stay clear!" being chanted in every press article. They also have the adaptive system on-board, so they could play with that also, maybe add driving modes like 'Brown Pants' and 'Vomitronic Off'. The standard exterior is all about restraint and usability, so there's room for exaggeration there too: a bigger rear spoiler, drill some holes here and there...
Definitely room for a wide body kit and a big spoiler among other things. The RS500 would be pretty pricey though. Not for the average Joe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.