Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Focus RS With Factory Winter Tires

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  I'mBlue 
#1 ·

But only if you’re in North America. Ford is now offering a winter tire and wheel option for Focus RS customers and it includes a set of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires with 18-inch silver-painted wheels. The winter kit will also come with tire pressure monitoring sensors and center caps. The dealership/factory will have your tires mounted and balanced, ready for some snow shredding.

According to the Ford press release, this package was developed for demanding customers who wants optimal performance in winter conditions. They could have slapped on any set of tires since there isn’t a standard for winter-only performance testing but Ford came up with their own test. To overcome any reservations regarding the validity of their tests, those wheels were tested in extreme winter conditions found in Northern Michigan and Sweden. Several high-performance setups were tested in the bitter cold and snow in order to find the perfect set and the winner was the 225/40R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 paired with a 18x7.5-inch wheel.

North Americans can get this optional package for $1,995, all you’ll need to do is check off the RS Winter Tire and Wheel Package box under Exterior Packages. As for those of you in Canada, the package comes standard.

See less See more
#10 ·
That is a good deal, one thing to note though is tire rack only offer the rims in 19", whereas a smaller rim/tire is better for winter use. Since 18" is apparently the smallest rim diameter that will fit over the brake calipers, the 18" factory winter wheels (225/40) are probably going to perform better, at a higher cost.

On a side note I really dig those Ford white 19" rims on tire rack for the RS, I think they would go with the nitrous blue really well.

#18 ·
Probably best to do away with them anyways. The typical owner of a vehicle like this is the type to know more than the average car owner or at the least have the willingness to know more. Doing simple things like checking tire pressures every fill up (or what ever frequency they choose) is quite easy to absorb.

#19 ·
I took a look at the Ford site and there's no mention of the sensors in the winter tire package, just the tires and wheels only.
Also noticed that they will be delivered as a separate set of wheels and tires in addition to the standard summer tires. So I guess Canadians will get two sets as standard now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.