Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone else considering a Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG? The Benz also offers an astonishingly powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engine (355 hp), with tremendous acceleration (0-60mph in <4.4 seconds), all for approximately $10,000 USD more.

How many of you are thinking of leasing rather than financing or paying cash for the RS? Here is the kicker - Mercedes offers excellent lease rates, and the CLA45 AMG may actually be cheaper to lease than the Focus RS. Mercedes offers aggressive lease support that I doubt Ford will match.

LEASE
$499/mo
for 36 months
$5,593 due at signing

Hmm...

What's more, our friends in Europe, Australia (looking at you unida767 ;) ), and elsewhere can spec a CLA45 hatch (CLA45 AMG Shooting Brake):

·
Registered
22 Posts
CLA Shooting Brake
CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC

Manufacturer's Recommended List Price (incl. GST) $86,548.00
Recommended maximum dealer delivery1(incl. GST) $3,269.23
Luxury Car Tax (LCT) $8,379.97
Total Registration2 $795.33
Stamp Duty $5,106.40
Drive Away Price Base model featured only. $104,098.93

I'm hoping I could get two RS's for that ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping I could get two RS's for that ;)
Ah, that's right, I remember now that you folks in Australia pay much more for cars than Americans.

In my country at least (US), the price disparity is approximately $10,000 USD, which is still a considerable sum of money...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Never saw the hatch versions available in other markets. I've heard the quality just isn't there in the CLA though. I think that I would rather go with Ford. They might not try to be as fancy as Benz, but I think that they will do a good job of providing a quality performance vehicle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
But where's the fun in that? I would buy a Ford over a cheap Mercedes any day. I'll just put that extra 10k into my Focus RS and get a bigger turbo! :) Drift around that CLA45 for dayss

·
Registered
494 Posts
Never saw the hatch versions available in other markets. I've heard the quality just isn't there in the CLA though. I think that I would rather go with Ford. They might not try to be as fancy as Benz, but I think that they will do a good job of providing a quality performance vehicle.
Yup, CLA is a disaster, it's a great way to say you own a new mercedes while only staying in the $30k range.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Agreed with most, EFF the CLA. Do wish they sold the little A45 over here though :(

Even the new S3/RS3 seems like a potent little package...pricey though for sure...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Agreed with most, EFF the CLA. Do wish they sold the little A45 over here though :(

Even the new S3/RS3 seems like a potent little package...pricey though for sure...
thank your fellow mericans for that, they don't like wagons/hatches as much as other nations

instead they jacked it up some inches, pulled and stretched it a bit and it became a GLA ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ooh, I forgot about that piece of hotness. Now that's a Focus RS competitor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ooh, I forgot about that piece of hotness. Now that's a Focus RS competitor
A-Class Hatch
A 45 AMG 4MATIC

Manufacturer's Recommended List Price (incl. GST) $75,700.00
Recommended maximum dealer delivery1(incl. GST) $3,269.23
Luxury Car Tax (LCT) $1,078.27
Total Registration2 $795.33
Stamp Duty $4,170.40
Drive Away Price Base model featured only. $85,013.23

Now I really hope you're wrong about that. :( I have a sinking feeling the RS will be $20k less than the A45 list price here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts