Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Which Would you Rather?

• Focus RS

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Civic Type R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

Focus RS vs Civic Type R

13K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  BlackRS 
#1 ·
#10 ·
RS all the way

Definitely the RS for me, first because it reminds me so much of my old Focus, which was also painted Weird Blue (the electric blue that had shades of purple in it and made it the ugliest car in the morning and the most gorgeous thing on the road in the evening). Second, well, they've just nailed it so hard haven't they? Ok so I'm 40, I don't want a car that screams "look at meeeee! I go 'broooooom!'". I want a car that policemen won't look twice at. I want a car that the odd passer-by might glance at and perhaps think "there's something weird about this Focus, but I can't quite put my finger on it". As far as I'm concerned, that design couldn't be closer to what I'd want. The front end just blows me away, it's so well drawn. The rear wing isn't too big, I'm not usually a fan of those, but I could live with that one. But overall, proportions, stance, sharpness - nailed. Hard. That nail is *never* coming out.

#18 ·
No thats incorrect, one is better then the other. In fact they both are...

Electric systems offer better power 'efficiency' as the hydraulic power steering pump isn't run off the crank. But hydro systems offer a better road feel because they're heavier and mechanical...

So yes they're both better then each other depending on what your goal is...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.