Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Focus RS SLAMMMED

16K views 45 replies 9 participants last post by  S.Elliot 
#1 ·
Its just a render, but still.... Any other MK3 renders out there?

See less See more
#5 ·
The lowered stance looks good here. Often I think the lowered look just looks forced and non-practical, but this image makes it not look silly. Agreed that different wheels could be a good choice. Black looks way better. I mean, there is just no chrome anywhere else on the RS so it looks out of place. No continuity.

#14 ·
Stunning!
Wheels are perfect if you are going for that look. My setup will be slight different. wider/aggressive is the goal.

anyone know what the go is with suspension modification, obviously these cars have quite a superior factory suspension setup allowing for different adjustments through each map setting?
wonder if they are height adjustable?, or is there a kit which you can swap out for lower springs but keep the factory electric system.

#15 · (Edited)
Not my thing at all, but "Live and let live" isn't a bad credo to follow.

I imagine it would be difficult to get good suspension control with very limited vertical wheel travel, and the lower you go the less travel you have to manage bump absorption. Maybe adjustable air-bag suspension would allow adequate ride height when in motion, and lower it down for the desired look when stationary ? I'm not sure what all the std FoRS electronic brains (the ones that control torque vectoring etc) would think of such changes though.

#21 ·
And I would be careful of Dealerships that state when they place a after market part on your car, that it will not "VOID" your Warranty. The dealer applies for reimbursement for replacement cost for repairs to FORD MFG . If the FORD MFG. says "NO" do to you placing aftermarket parts on your car. They can "VOID" your warranty. PERIOD !! This is speaking from experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.