Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone planning to mod on their RS? I'd like to be inspired by some of everyone's ideas.

I'll be tinting the tail lights a bit. Something like this:

I'd like to figure out how to redo the headliner in black alcantara.

Maybe even use a quilted pattern like this:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tint
Pedal Spacer
Carbotech brake pad
years later; wheels/tires
years later; possibly fixed back bucket seat

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've never really understood the tinting of the taillights, but this looks good. I think that it totally depends on what exterior color you have. The darker lights look more expensive than the bright red with the silver.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've never really understood the tinting of the taillights, but this looks good. I think that it totally depends on what exterior color you have. The darker lights look more expensive than the bright red with the silver.
Some people just like how they look tinted or even blacked out.
A light high percent tint always looks good in my opinion, but the darker you go the worst off it looks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm starting to consider getting a dash cam, should be something you guys also have on your list. Always helps to have an extra set of eyes and ears.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm starting to consider getting a dash cam, should be something you guys also have on your list. Always helps to have an extra set of eyes and ears.

Do you have to splice into the wiring to provide power, or do dash cams use an external battery for power? I would be open to adding one.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Do you have to splice into the wiring to provide power, or do dash cams use an external battery for power? I would be open to adding one.
I never installed one myself nor looked into them yet so I don't have a good frame of reference. However a requirement for external power with a rechargeable backup would be ideal. For external power from your vehicle, i'm not sure if splicing would be sufficient, might have to get direct contact with the battery.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Very nice!

Here's a crazy idea. What does everyone think of some rally-style fog lamps? Or maybe a light bar? >:)
I'd never do that, but what I would do to a similar effect is throw on LED lights but in a way that actually looks good on the vehicle, an OEM-like appearance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts