Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Exhaust Tuning - Laziness ?

5K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Rspeed 
#1 ·
Recently read another article on exhaust tuning. This one however was more-so based on the opinion that having a car sound like a straight piped beater seems to be the norm coming from manufacturers now.

Another opinion was that the F-Type Jaguar doesn't sound like a $100,000 car and more so like something cheap because of the obnoxious tone and the raspiness and crackles and pops.

We've all heard the Focus RS and popping is definitely what it does best. I'm personally a fan of it to be completely honest, I enjoy being able to hear my car going through the gears, having a few pops going off for the attention, etc.

What do you guys think though ?

Article : http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/05/piston-slap-bang-lost-art-exhaust-tuning/

Have manufacturers gotten lazy, or has this notion of obnoxious exhausts just become the new norm?

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I got popped by the 5-0 as soon as I came out of the shop sporting a new Greddy exhaust in my Civic. I asked why when it was a legally certified part. He said, because it's shiny. So he pops my hood and sees the Legal intake. He still sent me to court where the judge just threw out the case after paying a $10 admin fee but I had to take the day off.

California for you.
"Because it's shiny" Such nonsense ! Abuse of power, I swear :|

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Worst part is my car was illegal when I moved to California from Colorado and I decided to make it legal then I got popped. There are some you have to avoid. I avoid that area as well as areas with cameras at intersections. I just visit other businesses that are not littered with red light cameras.
Wow, so after putting in the work to make it legal, you get stumped with that. That's a real pain man. But I see that, I definitely try to avoid areas that are packed with red light cameras and what not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.