Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah. I do prefer this way to be honest. It's a simple setup but you can't go wrong! I'm pretty sure they will have aftermarket struts in the future.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yea, the weight reduction makes sense. And I don't care too much about struts. You can always get them after market if you wish. Not a big deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow. That is definitely something I will look into getting once I have my RS. Looks so easy to install. Would be a fun little project to do :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
weight reduction.... to look better on paper.
at least they knew that while catering to the crowd they are, they don't have to worry much about the backlash it'll get. at the end of the day its the least of our concerns

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sparco stickers make it all that much better. Sort of surprised it wasn't sticker bombed :D

But ultimately i'd go with that aftermarket hood strut kit
For the ultimate in weight reduction, look for a disposable unit. ;)

You guys would actually consider drilling mounting holes and retrofitting struts over using a prop rod? Is there a faction of Bonnet Nazi's driving this taboo? I just don't get why how the bonnet stays open is relevant, I would understand if it didn't open, but once its open who cares how it stays open?

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the ultimate in weight reduction, look for a disposable unit. ;)

You guys would actually consider drilling mounting holes and retrofitting struts over using a prop rod? Is there a faction of Bonnet Nazi's driving this taboo? I just don't get why how the bonnet stays open is relevant, I would understand if it didn't open, but once its open who cares how it stays open?
No drilling with these. http://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-11025-02.htm
https://youtu.be/MTo6qpzyBJA

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yup not fussed, if that's where the cost saving hit, fine by me. Kind of feels like it suits the character of the car, we don't want it too cushy either ;)
x2

I'm fine with that being where they found an area to cut back on as it could have been worse, like cutting back on an area that actually matters to what the vehicle is about.

So far, like many, I have yet to be disappointed with the rest of the RS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Funny how in this thread I say I wouldn't want the car too cushy, and in another I'm excited about the possibility of seat coolers as an option...
But it seems to me there is a crucial difference between keeping the bonnet up using gas and keeping my chromosome factory cool using gas :D It's all about what you want to keep up really >:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts