Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Canceled Orders for 2016 Ford Focus RS

9K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Red Leader 
#1 ·
So from what I've been reading, the remaining orders for the Ford Focus RS for 2016 are being cancelled and moved to the next model year. This could result in months of delays for consumers that have placed their orders.

Apparently a Ford representative said the reasoning for this is "Economic turmoil in Europe" following up with the Saarlouis plant as forced to shut down, thus limiting and the production volume.

Ford representative Dan Jones confirms 220 orders were cancelled :

“We frequently adjust daily production to be aligned with market demand,” Jones said. “Focus RS demand around the globe has exceeded expectations, so these 220 customer units that were scheduled for 16MY build, are now going to be rescheduled into 17MY, and as these orders will be prioritized, customers will experience almost no delay in delivery of their vehicle.”
Anyone here get affected by this ?

#2 ·
So 220 people are out of luck until next year. According to the truth about cars, Dan Jones said " 220 orders were cancelled simply because Ford couldn’t keep up with demand before a planned summer factory shutdown."

He also said "customers will experience almost no delay in delivery of their vehicle.” So maybe people will still get their Focus RS around the time they were originally supposed to receive delivery?

#10 ·
I have just found on the Web that one possible reason Ford is pushing for the MY17 RS is to overcome an issue with the GKN AWD unit. All MY17 cars will be fitted with a different unit to overcome the overheating problems.

Follow this link to read more http://www.autoevolution.com/news/f...to-2017my-delivery-delays-rumored-109842.html
Ok, so I read the article, now what? If I have a VIN and build date will it be a 16 or 17? Who knows for sure? I can not tell from the VIN (WF0DP3TH7G411xxxx) what year its except the 7 in the VIN might mean it is a 2017.

#18 · (Edited)
Interesting , I thought all cars manufactured in September after the factory summer shutdown were classified as MY17. I was told last week my car is a MY17 build and is shown on the Ford computer system as being upgraded to SYNC3, the first the dealer had seen confirmed on an RS Focus for the UK. The only small problem is the build date is still months off, ordered it four months ago. Good thing is the UK is nearer to the factory than the US so delivery maybe quicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.