Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This video of Ben Collins drifting the Ford Focus RS gives you a taste of what is possible when you know what you are doing behind the wheel.

Switching the Focus RS into 'Drift' mode puts the vehicle's dampers and steering to the softest setting. Then it's all up to the driver behind the wheel.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Who better than a former Stig to put the RS through its paces. Feel like people will be mostly in sport or drift mode since those two seems to be the most fun out of the 4.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if you aren't actually trying to drift, what does the drift mode feel like while driving? I would expect to use sport mode most often.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The point he makes about how precise it is on the track appeal to me a lot since I plan on running time attack and even some slalom races for more local and easy to get to fun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The point he makes about how precise it is on the track appeal to me a lot since I plan on running time attack and even some slalom races for more local and easy to get to fun.
Lucky you.....I have absolutely NO tracks anywhere near where I live...... :( I have no idea where Ill even be able to safely mess with the drift mode haha!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Lucky you.....I have absolutely NO tracks anywhere near where I live...... :( I have no idea where Ill even be able to safely mess with the drift mode haha!
If one is about an hour/hour and half away, you're as lucky as most folks. It's the usual trek out the average enthusiast has to make.

But you should look out for autox/autocross events that get setup in parking lots, like this one:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts