Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
559 Posts
It is probably not even in control of the individual dealerships. If other dealers are marking up theirs, they basically have to follow suit. Otherwise they are just missing out on thousands of dollars. But that sucks. That is an awful lot more than the MSRP.

·
471 Posts
Yup.

They have to stay in line with the market and even adjust to be more aggressive as needed if needed. Then when they can leverage a higher mark up, go for that. Some of the dealers with a better overall reputation will easily get people to pay a higher mark up.

·
2 Posts
Hi guys, just ordered my RS woot. A comment on the markup though. As I understand it each dealership decides what they will mark up the cars, this isn't in anyway controlled by Ford. Here's my example: I ordered one in Madison WI after searching for a little bit and settled on $4,500 over MSRP. I thought it was a decent deal but decided to keep looking as long as I already had one on lock down. Well not 2 days later I found one in Milwaukee for $500 over MSRP which is more than reasonable for a markup. I canceled the Madison order after giving them a chance to match the price, they refused and lost my business.

·
10 Posts
That's just a excuse a dealer can use for trying to take more money from a buyer.
Complete BS. A mark up is driven by greedy people in a new or restricted market.
Go some place else or just wait until next fall.
They will all be MSRP next fall.
I paid $2500 markup here in Alaska and I will not get it until May.

·
18 Posts
I got mine without any markup (2017 RS, Oct of 2017) BUT since the dealer had ordered it for a customer before me, it had EVERY possible option checked, including the car cover!!
Ended up about $4K more than it would have had I ordered only the RS2 package and maybe alloy Y-spokes with "normal" summer tires!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.