Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

AutoGuide Lists "10 Great Vehicles That Cost Less Then a Ford Focus RS"

7K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  ExtremeFocus 
#1 ·
AutoGuide has listed "10 Great Vehicles That Cost Less Than a Ford Focus RS." The 2016 Ford Focus will start at $36,605 and has 365 hp under the hood. There are other options though that cost less. Check them out below.

2015 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS - $34,500, 426 hp

2015 Ford Mustang GT - $33,200, 435 hp

2015 Chevrolet Volt - $35,170, 38 miles of all electric range

2016 Acura RDX - $36,190, 279 hp

2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L Ultimate - $35,495, 348 hp

2016 Subaru WRX STI - $35,490, 305 hp

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Regular Cab, Long Box - $34,925, 360 hp

2015 BMW 320i xDrive - $35,945, 180 hp

2016 Nissan 370Z Sport - $34,395, 332 hp

2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0T - $36,240, 272 hp

Have you guys considered any of these vehicles instead of the Ford Focus RS? They are cheaper.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...cles-that-cost-less-than-a-ford-focus-rs.html

See less See more
#16 ·
I really don't think the 370z is in the same ball park as the rs. Not even close. Its nice looking and aged well but It's 2wd, outdated transmission, engine, and the torque is not existent. It's in bad need of updating and I think it's more of a bmw type suit and tie gentlemen's sports car and less of a raw track car.

#17 ·
I agree with you on the Z - I took a 370 Nismo for an extended test drive through some twisty roads. It handled well but the steering and braking were vague. The biggest disappointment was the lack of torque and acceleration.

I think the Z definitely has the looks but it is no driver. I really wish it had more going for it, I was so disappointed.

#13 ·
I would say yes, but out the gate you are paying more for all the extra stuff they have already included. If you plan on replacing a bunch of performance parts anyway, it might be better to just buy an older model to act as a base for all the other parts you are going to buy in the future.

#19 ·
I looked into the golf R as well - the AWD system is Haldex, so it's all time front-wheel-drive and occasionally AWD. Not nearly as good as the AWD system on the RS, STI, Quatro, Xdrive, etc.

The interior is nice, there is good aftermarket support, but without the DCC option - I wouldn't even consider it

#20 ·
This morning Subaru presented the new Impreza. It seems to have improved quite a bit from the older generation. Lighter, more rigid and with nice looking interiors. It can be a very nice platform for the future STI. How long do you think we'll have to wait before Subaru will release some details about it? I personally don't see the current STI in the same ballpark as the Focus RS, but the next gen STI might be a valid competitor.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/23/2017-subaru-impreza-marks-debut-of-subaru-global-platform/

#21 ·
This morning Subaru presented the new Impreza. It seems to have improved quite a bit from the older generation. Lighter, more rigid and with nice looking interiors. It can be a very nice platform for the future STI. How long do you think we'll have to wait before Subaru will release some details about it? I personally don't see the current STI in the same ballpark as the Focus RS, but the next gen STI might be a valid competitor.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/23/2017-subaru-impreza-marks-debut-of-subaru-global-platform/

Looks like a Volvo S60

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.