Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm getting the "retarded" treatment too. This spring I was looking at a used M235i Xdrive.. but then I heard about the FoRS.... I'm 44.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm getting the "retarded" treatment too. This spring I was looking at a used M235i Xdrive.. but then I heard about the FoRS.... I'm 44.
Great choices!

I was also at a point where I wanted the M235i X Drive especially after seeing all of the reviews that came out about it.

I hear the M2 is in the works ;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Seems like the Focus RS is going to attract pretty wide age range of buyers. I like that. Makes it a great product. Its for the young (and the young at heart). :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Seems like the Focus RS is going to attract pretty wide age range of buyers. I like that. Makes it a great product. Its for the young (and the young at heart). :D
Yeah.

All those years we haven't had anything exciting as this will have A LOT of eyes on it.

Come time for people to take delivery, seeing the exact age range will be interesting to look at.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I read that millenials accounted for 27 percent of new car sales in the US last year. That makes them the second biggest car buying group in the US, right behind the baby boomers. I am thinking that we could see the average car buying age, especially with cars like the Focus RS, to skew a bit younger than we had seen in the past.

Turns out the doomsayers may be wrong. Millennials -- also known as Generation Y -- accounted for 27 percent of new car sales in the U.S. last year, up from 18 percent in 2010, according to J.D. Power & Associates. They’ve zoomed past Gen X to become the second-largest group of new car buyers after their boomer parents. Millennials are starting to find jobs and relocating to the suburbs and smaller cities, where public transport is spotty.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-20/millennials-embrace-cars-defying-predictions-of-sales-implosion

·
Registered
559 Posts
With this car attracting buyers, both young and old, I do wonder how many tech options they will offer for the car. I recently read that millennials are willing to spend 50% more on new technologies in their cars than baby boomers.

Millennials are willing to spend more than 50 percent more for new technologies in automobiles than baby boomers, a J.D. Power survey found.

At an average of $3,703 a vehicle, millennials topped boomers at $2,416 and Generation X members at $3,007, the Westlake Village, California-based research firm said in a statement. The findings were presented Wednesday at an Automotive Press Association luncheon in Detroit.
So perhaps they will have a stock version that older buyers will tend towards, and then a bunch of tech options that millennials will be willing to shell out for.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts