Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
With this being the highly anticipated vehicle it is especially to north americans, they might just try to push for a slightly higher than current market price. It sure has enough to justify that for those who really want an RS.

·
Registered
313 Posts
With this being the highly anticipated vehicle it is especially to north americans, they might just try to push for a slightly higher than current market price. It sure has enough to justify that for those who really want an RS.
Thats more likely at the dealer level then from HQ.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Really depends on the final spec and its price.
Can you imagine the demand of the car if HP was 350+ with US $35K price tag?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was thinking that with high demand dealerships might sell for over MSRP. Do you think demand will be that high?
That is quite possible. Dealers know that folks that want this are very passionate about it, with some willing to pay a bit more just to be one of the first to take ownership.

·
Registered
471 Posts
$40,000 could be it, especially after reading the following terms of conditions on Ford Performance Ken Block Experience Sweepstakes, where you have the opportunity to win a Focus RS:

Prizes: One Hundred and Seven (107) prizes are available to be won.

Grand Prize: Two(2) “Grand Prizes” are available to be won. Each Grand Prize winner may select one (1) 2016 Ford vehicle from either of the Fiesta, Focus, or Mustang nameplates, with the vehicle’s approximate retail value (“ARV”) not to exceed $40,000. The ARV of each Grand Prize will not exceed $40,000. Total ARV of all Grand Prizes will not exceed: $80,000.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found a tidbit from another member:
Ford will be bringing the 2016 Ford Focus RS to America next spring. So that means we have about a year to wait for this exciting model to be parked nicely in our driveways.

The Focus RS will debut at the New York International Auto Show next week, so that is when US customers will be bale to get their first real life look at the hot hatch.

As far as price goes, we don't have clear details, but people speculate that it will be priced somewhere above $30,000 and will probably undercut the Golf R which starts at $36,595.
That's the base cost though. I took at look at the ford site and I will need to pay and extra 1.5-1.6k for freight fees alone. But this is for Canada. Not too sure about the U.S or the UK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I thought I heard the Ford fellow talking vaguely about pricing while standing in front of the Stealth Grey car and saying that it would be priced competitively with its main rival the Sti. So whatever those come in at hopefully the RS will be in that neighbourhood.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I thought I heard the Ford fellow talking vaguely about pricing while standing in front of the Stealth Grey car and saying that it would be priced competitively with its main rival the Sti. So whatever those come in at hopefully the RS will be in that neighbourhood.
Which is undercutting the Golf R, STi priced at $34,695 in the USA.

·
Registered
471 Posts
those numbers only look good with headlines saying "x is CHEAPER than x" but really it doesn't make a difference to those with money actually looking to buy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
With the Ford price leak of the 2016 RS at $35,730 for the starter package, I would estimate that the 2017 Focus will cost around that if not a bit more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts