Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

2016 RS availability???

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  NJboneless 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I am new to the world of Ford...I currently drive a 15 Impreza Sport, which is a great little car but now am looking for something a bit more fun. Was originally considering a WRX next year but now Ford announced the new RS.....

I havent stopped by the local Ford dealer and probably wont be able to until this weekend, but Im curious...are these Focuses available for preorder? And if so what time frame are we looking at for delivery?

Would appreciate any info especially on when they plan on releasing (as I have read so many various dates I am not sure which is accurate).

Cheers!

#4 ·
So I took off work early yesterday and talked with a salesman...they have an RS that they can sell, and it has not been spoken for yet. I am super interested in putting my name on it but they want $5000 as a DEPOSIT. 5 thousand dollars for a freaking deposit. Not happening with that kind of money, I am reading people pay anywhere from $500 to $2000 for deposits on these focuses, not 5k. I will go in and talk to him again tomorrow about the car but like I said I cant afford $5000 just for a deposit.....dang!

#7 · (Edited)
Sorry, name is misleading I actually live in North Dakota. Either way, yes he said the 5k was refundable but I honestly couldnt care less if its refundable or not if I cant put that money down in the first place. I would much rather put say, 1000 down and have it non refundable, as I am very serious about getting this car. I am going to visit with the salesman again and see if we can negotiate something different. I need to convince them that Im dead serious about the car, because I am. I contacted another dealer about 100 miles away and they would take $500 as a deposit, only catch is they have their RS marked up a fair amount higher than my local dealer.....

Ill keep you posted on what I find. Thanks guys for the input, and hopefully I will be joining the RS community in the near future if this works out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.