Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking in the St forums for the right wheel for the new focus rs.
St owners seem to go for the gram light 57dr wheel in 5x108 with 38offset 18x8.5.

Or oz ultralegerra 18x8 with 38 offset.

Just curious if anyone else is thinking of making their wheel size 1 inch smaller? There doesn't seem to be a lot of 5x108 light weight wheel options in 18 inch.

I prefer the thick 5 spoke or 6 spoke look but the new 19 inch wheels they showed at Geneva looks awesome.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I plan on sticking with 18's.
Won't be in serious need of going for lighter weight, but will be looking for a combination of a good stance that doesn't sacrifice performance

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was looking in the St forums for the right wheel for the new focus rs.
St owners seem to go for the gram light 57dr wheel in 5x108 with 38offset 18x8.5.

Or oz ultralegerra 18x8 with 38 offset.

Just curious if anyone else is thinking of making their wheel size 1 inch smaller? There doesn't seem to be a lot of 5x108 light weight wheel options in 18 inch.

I prefer the thick 5 spoke or 6 spoke look but the new 19 inch wheels they showed at Geneva looks awesome.
These guys have an 18x8.5 option in meaty 5 spokes

http://fifteen52.us/shop/#!/fifteen52-RSL-Tarmac/p/32054385/category=8224238

as used by a mister ken block...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ken Block having them on that car of his is even more of a reason we'll see that wheel or that style of wheel on the RS

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know about that 5 spoke, unfortunately I think it's ugly.

I like advan racing gt 5 spoke or neuspeed rse05 5 spoke.

I'm more likely to go with the gram light 52dr at the moment unless something else nice looking and light gets brought up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Won't the stock rims on the Focus RS be good enough? Unless you're planning to do some intense drifting and time attack..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Loving the Compomotive m06 19x8 look.

Expecially in Gray, White, or Black. It probably even looks good in silver.

Only downsides are..its about 25lb and can only be purchased online from overseas from my research..

but supposedly are said to be some of the strongest wheels ever, as they are marketed for rally and poor road conditions.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Loving the Compomotive m06 19x8 look.

Expecially in Gray, White, or Black. It probably even looks good in silver.

Only downsides are..its about 25lb and can only be purchased online from overseas from my research..

but supposedly are said to be some of the strongest wheels ever, as they are marketed for rally and poor road conditions.
Shipping costs will suck, but it'll be worth it if they are wheels you really want.
Never had wheels shipped to me before, have you looked into how much it'll cost to get them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shipping costs will suck, but it'll be worth it if they are wheels you really want.
Never had wheels shipped to me before, have you looked into how much it'll cost to get them?
Either think fifteen52 used to be North America distributor...but no longer. I believe the Tarmac wheel is made by compomotive.

I'll consider it if it is lighter than stock rs wheels.

If not I'll stick with oz ultralegerra. I've also looked at the gram light 57dr and I felt I would prefer the weight of the oz and the price as well over the gram lights.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
6 Participants
S.Elliot
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRSClub.com is the premier enthusiasts community for discussion and tech on FocusRS models
Full Forum Listing