Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Brake Pads

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  KNS Brakes 
#1 ·
  • Has anyone found a source for aftermarket high performance pads?
  • What is the pad shape and thickness and/or FMSI number?
  • Are the RS pads the same as another shape, like the one that comes on the Mustang?

Thanks!

#9 ·
Just been told by my Dealer in the UK the factory is about to close for three weeks for holidays. That's the time most car manufacturers change the tooling for the next year's model. Rumour is we might be getting SYNC3 here in the UK. My build slot has now gone out to November! So no pictures of my car on the drive before 2017!:eek:

#11 · (Edited)
Guys, the RS is going to come with a high performance street compound. Not ideal for track days, so there will be a need to upgrade the pads at some point. Plus, the stock pads will wear out and it's always nice to have pad options.

You know that even though the calipers are Brembo, the pads and discs may or may not be Brembo also?

Since I work in the industry I was hoping we stocked the correct shape for the RS. But I'd need to know what shape they use.

Edit:

Ferodo has the shape as FCP4830. Unique shape only used on the Ford Focus RS. At least for Ferodo, they make that shape for only the one car, no crossovers. Gonna limit your pad choices at least for the immediate future.

#12 ·
If these don't come with Brembo pads and rotors, I'd be pretty upset. If memory serves me correct, the 350Z and G35 likewise came with Brembo pads and rotors along with the calipers as a complete package.

Now I'm going to start questioning the brakes on this.. going to need to see someone post the complete system when they get it - lines, fluid, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.