User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Canceled Orders for 2016 Ford Focus RS

So from what I've been reading, the remaining orders for the Ford Focus RS for 2016 are being cancelled and moved to the next model year. This could result in months of delays for consumers that have placed their orders.

Apparently a Ford representative said the reasoning for this is "Economic turmoil in Europe" following up with the Saarlouis plant as forced to shut down, thus limiting and the production volume.

Ford representative Dan Jones confirms 220 orders were cancelled :

Quote:
“We frequently adjust daily production to be aligned with market demand,” Jones said. “Focus RS demand around the globe has exceeded expectations, so these 220 customer units that were scheduled for 16MY build, are now going to be rescheduled into 17MY, and as these orders will be prioritized, customers will experience almost no delay in delivery of their vehicle.”
Anyone here get affected by this ?
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 11:37 AM

So 220 people are out of luck until next year. According to the truth about cars, Dan Jones said " 220 orders were cancelled simply because Ford couldn’t keep up with demand before a planned summer factory shutdown."

He also said "customers will experience almost no delay in delivery of their vehicle.” So maybe people will still get their Focus RS around the time they were originally supposed to receive delivery?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeFocus View Post
So 220 people are out of luck until next year. According to the truth about cars, Dan Jones said " 220 orders were cancelled simply because Ford couldn’t keep up with demand before a planned summer factory shutdown."

He also said "customers will experience almost no delay in delivery of their vehicle.” So maybe people will still get their Focus RS around the time they were originally supposed to receive delivery?
It would be good to think that the 220 customers getting the MY17 cars would get a different/uprated spec. I don't understand what the changes would be for the new spec cars. In Europe the only upgrade would be SYNC2 TO SYNC3. What changes do you think they would do to a US spec car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeFocus View Post

Lol now we have contradicting Dan Jones statements... gotta love the media
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 04:10 PM

My car has a VIN issued and per etisford.com my build was 26.07.2016

So I'm guessing my car just made it through.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:16 PM

I have just found on the Web that one possible reason Ford is pushing for the MY17 RS is to overcome an issue with the GKN AWD unit. All MY17 cars will be fitted with a different unit to overcome the overheating problems.

Follow this link to read more http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fo...ed-109842.html

Last edited by Red Leader; 07-28-2016 at 05:29 PM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 11:20 AM

If Ford is having an in-factory recall, then Pointby may have to wait longer for his RS even though his was built this week. As for people who already owns a RS, are there any overheating problems?
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 12:05 PM

That's really weird. But do you think they would be blaming it on the factory shut down or whatever just so they don't have to come out and say directly that it's due to an in-factory recall ?

Kind of like a cover up thing
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 01:36 PM

how we can know if our order are cancel for 2016 ?

Ford Focus RS 2016 nitrous blue received after 8 month
Ford Probe LX 1990 V6 3.0 manuel (acheté 21/08/2014)
Mazda Mx6 Gt turbo 1991 Auto Swap Manual (buy 24/08/11)
Ford Ranger XLT 1998
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
I have just found on the Web that one possible reason Ford is pushing for the MY17 RS is to overcome an issue with the GKN AWD unit. All MY17 cars will be fitted with a different unit to overcome the overheating problems.

Follow this link to read more http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fo...ed-109842.html
Ok, so I read the article, now what? If I have a VIN and build date will it be a 16 or 17? Who knows for sure? I can not tell from the VIN (WF0DP3TH7G411xxxx) what year its except the 7 in the VIN might mean it is a 2017.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page