Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Fiesta RS is coming!

1M views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  focusrsadmin 
#1 ·

I made this throwaway account to share some important information with y'all. I work for a Ford supplier here in Michigan. We manufacture headlights, drivetrain parts, various subassemblies, and all kinds of other parts for GM, Ford, FCA, and a few foreign automakers like Honda.

Ford has an internal product timeline that is shared with automotive suppliers. This isn't the latest and greatest timeline used by the Ford engineering teams -- this is a timeline that's a step back from that one, and indicates products that are on the path to manufacturing and eventual launch (usually 2 years or so later). The other day, I WAS SO EXCITED to see the FIESTA RS on the timeline. I don't know all the details, as I don't work for Ford HQ, but it looks like there are AWD components that need to be manufactured.

So the FIESTA RS IS COMING guys, and the rumors that the Fiesta RS will use the Focus RS AWD are probably spot on!

I was thinking HARD about buying a Focus RS, but I think I'm going to wait for the Fiesta RS. Compact turbo AWD manual hatch for less than $30k likely...dear God this will be a fun car. An Audi S1 of sorts, for the US.

I don't know how many questions I can answer, but I'll try to respond the best I can. I will then re-join the forum at a later date under a real account, not mentioning this one.

See less See more
#2 ·
I made this throwaway account to share some important information with y'all. I work for a Ford supplier here in Michigan. We manufacture headlights, drivetrain parts, various subassemblies, and all kinds of other parts for GM, Ford, FCA, and a few foreign automakers like Honda.

Ford has an internal product timeline that is shared with automotive suppliers. This isn't the latest and greatest timeline used by the Ford engineering teams -- this is a timeline that's a step back from that one, and indicates products that are on the path to manufacturing and eventual launch (usually 2 years or so later). The other day, I WAS SO EXCITED to see the FIESTA RS on the timeline. I don't know all the details, as I don't work for Ford HQ, but it looks like there are AWD components that need to be manufactured.

So the FIESTA RS IS COMING guys, and the rumors that the Fiesta RS will use the Focus RS AWD are probably spot on!

I was thinking HARD about buying a Focus RS, but I think I'm going to wait for the Fiesta RS. Compact turbo AWD manual hatch for less than $30k likely...dear God this will be a fun car. An Audi S1 of sorts, for the US.

I don't know how many questions I can answer, but I'll try to respond the best I can. I will then re-join the forum at a later date under a real account, not mentioning this one.
Good looking, thanks for the share. Logically it makes sense, at the RS launch they said not only do they want to use the AWD system elsewhere but that they want to turn RS into its own sub brand of sorts...

I wonder if they'll rework the 1 liter slightly or they stuff something larger in there???

Do keep us posted...

#6 ·
Mike Duff at Car and Driver seems to be on the same page as you...

and he raises some valid points:

Why It Matters: The Fiesta ST has vindicated Ford’s decision to bring a subcompact hot hatch to the U.S. Over here, barring the challenge from the angry little Fiat 500 Abarth and the far more Gucci Mini Cooper S, it has the small-but-fast market pretty much to itself. But back in Europe, the ST competes against some very serious competition, much of which—like the Audi S1 and the forthcoming Volkswagen Polo R—outguns it on power and drives all four wheels. Although we’re not convinced the Fiesta RS would be (or would need to be) four-wheel drive, we can certainly see a compelling role for a faster Fiesta to help Ford stay on terms with the competition.
The only thing I can see holding back the project is cost creep. Fiesta RS would be priced in a precarious position in between Fiesta ST and Focus ST which may be more difficult then thought to drum up demand hot a HOT HOT hatch... at least in North America IMO...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-fiesta-rs-renderings-and-details-news

#7 ·
Tyrone Johnson of Ford Performance had a good chat with Autocar...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/hot-new-ford-fiesta-rs-planned

Johnson wouldn’t say whether the new Fiesta model would be badged as a faster or replacement version of the ST, or as an RS. However, he confirmed that the performance version would be based on the current chassis, meaning that it would be launched at some point within the next two and a half years.

“There’s more to come from the current Fiesta,” he said, adding that the decision had been made after the global success of the standard Fiesta ST, which was launched in 2013.

#17 ·

I don't know... why is this fiesta mule tooling around with an RS mule, they figured out they share similar interests and have decided to spend more time together?

What about that intercooler poking through the new front end work? (which looks to of been extended slightly, probably to accommodate the cooler) and also note the higher ride height, the surest sign AWD lurks below.

We'll need video confirmation as thats what outed the RS as AWD last year...

#18 ·
From Car and Driver:

Our spy’s sleuthy photos of this Fiesta test mule seem to support that assumption. Running around in a convoy that included two camouflaged Focus RS prototypes, the wee Fiesta appears to have a wide-mouthed (and likely temporary) grille echoing the big air inlets of the bigger Focus RS behind it. It has also sprouted tacked-on fender flares and some temporary rear bodywork, both of which were seen on Focus RS prototypes when they were in the early test-mule stages.

#26 ·
Empire East land holdings inc

Brand of home that understands the humanity of its dwellers
and crafts a cityscape of lifestyle empowerment.