Power potential - Ford Focus RS Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Power potential

Hello all! I'm SPOOLISH. Its awesome to be among the beginning of a huge car scene that's in its infancy!! Anyways, I've come across a lot of information on the RS that excites me. I have found a mustang ecoboost online that makes 500hp on ALL STOCK INTERNALS. The car made the power with a 5858 turbo and some other supporting mods. This is really exciting because the focus rs has a better engine and a bigger turbo stock, well, not bigger than the 5858 lol. Now, we don't know what the stock turbo can do just yet but I think its safe to say the engine is very capable of 500hp safely and reliably.

Link to awesomness. http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65vA-Lk6cnc

Last edited by SPOOLISH; 08-12-2015 at 08:58 AM.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOLISH View Post
Hello all! I'm SPOOLISH. Its awesome to be among the beginning of a huge car scene that's in its infancy!! Anyways, I've come across a lot of information on the RS that excites me. I have found a mustang ecoboost online that makes 500hp on ALL STOCK INTERNALS. The car made the power with a 5858 turbo and some other supporting mods. This is really exciting because the focus rs has a better engine and a bigger turbo stock, well, not bigger than the 5858 lol. Now, we don't know what the stock turbo can do just yet but I think its safe to say the engine is very capable of 500hp safely and reliably.

Link to awesomness. http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65vA-Lk6cnc
YEA I've sen that guy too, also main reason for believing in the little 4!!

Welcome to the show, its going to be a ride
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 01:56 PM

So to get to that 500 hp would it just take some tuning? No need to add anything else to it?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut View Post
So to get to that 500 hp would it just take some tuning? No need to add anything else to it?
I highly doubt that. There's no way of knowing what we can get out of the car untill we have more information. Or, better yet actually have the car to play with! At this point we know the RS has a better made engine than the mustang so handling 500hp should be stupid easy. My guess would be (without knowing the size of the stock turbo or how much stock boost is) the car will be capable of 80hp+ over stock on stock turbo without losing efficiency. Its direct injected so who knows the issues down the road. Coaked valves for one, like the LNF version of the cobalt ss, is probable. First mod should be PCV fix. I have a feeling its going to be an issue. I see no reason why the stock turbo wouldn't be capable of pushing the RS over 400hp. With E85 probably more like 420-430hp stock turbo.
Jobber likes this.

Last edited by SPOOLISH; 08-13-2015 at 03:37 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOLISH View Post
I highly doubt that. There's no way of knowing what we can get out of the car untill we have more information. Or, better yet actually have the car to play with! At this point we know the RS has a better made engine than the mustang so handling 500hp should be stupid easy. My guess would be (without knowing the size of the stock turbo or how much stock boost is) the car will be capable of 80hp+ over stock on stock turbo without losing efficiency. Its direct injected so who knows the issues down the road. Coaked valves for one, like the LNF version of the cobalt ss, is probable. First mod should be PCV fix. I have a feeling its going to be an issue. I see no reason why the stock turbo wouldn't be capable of pushing the RS over 400hp. With E85 probably more like 420-430hp stock turbo.
I wouldn't say the Focus has a better made engine... they come from the same engine room I'm betting, the difference is in the state of tune...

I'm weary of the DI too. from what I've been reading ford hasn't even figured out how to perform intake side service on the valves. Any service seems to send carbon chunks down into the cylinders. Protocol last I heard was total head replacement for caked valves...

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 05:50 PM

SPOOLISH, your video link isn't working.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I noticed the link is dead. Sux idk why.. Google it I suppose. 500hp ecoboost mustang turbo swap. As for the engine, no its confirmed it has been beefed up significantly more than the mustang version. Proof is in the head and sleeved block. The best/easiest way to kean the intake valves on direct injected cars is a walnut blaster from harbor freight. Cheap and works really well. Do some research and you'll see about the engine and the walnut blaster. I base my posts off facts that can be easily found online with a quick search lol. I don't post opinions without a foundation. I cannot wait to see the REAL specs of this car. I'm hoping for a nitrided crank at the minimum.

Valve gunk is typical and old news. Easily cleaned. The issue is the crap emissions the usa has on our cars "pcv" systems that aren't proper. A company names Powell race parts makes a PCV fix for the LNF cobalt (turbo version) that all but eliminates coking of the valves.

Last edited by SPOOLISH; 08-15-2015 at 11:14 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeFocus View Post
SPOOLISH, your video link isn't working.
Bam https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65vA-Lk6cnc
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Not alot of info but some. So "mostly" the same engine as the mustang. Idk. I think there's more to it than what's being let out in public right now.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2017-f...in-hp-focus-rs
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 09:19 AM

It seems like the Focus RS engine already has a few added modifications as part of it's standard package. Will the mustang get the base engine or will they have all the added items like the twin scroll turbocharger, etc?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page