Turbo kits?? - Ford Focus RS Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Turbo kits??

Hi all,

Just wondering which turbo companies will most likely be making a bolt-on turbo kit for the new Focus RS when it comes out. I know its probably to early to say but in the past which companies have manufactured turbos for the Focus?

Thankyou
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoFocus View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering which turbo companies will most likely be making a bolt-on turbo kit for the new Focus RS when it comes out. I know its probably to early to say but in the past which companies have manufactured turbos for the Focus?

Thankyou
This guy on youtube has a 2015 4 cylinder turbo mustang, hes upgraded his turbos, or at least the software. I think this is a good place to start still being this far out from sale date...

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 07:41 PM

Those rods are crazy, looks like they'll take a good beating.
I bet there will even be shops and/or tuning companies that will offer full packages including that.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 04:21 PM

Gtx, maperformance, custom turbos.
S.Elliot likes this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cctman View Post
Gtx, maperformance, custom turbos.
What sort of increase in power are you looking for with the RS?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 02:33 PM

We have been making after market turbo for turbo charged Subarus for years (WRX/STI/Legacy GT). We are actually already working on stock location Focus RS turbos. The idea being that you can buy all of your bolt ons and later simply replace the stock turbo. It cost more in tooling, but is cheaper and easier to install for the end customer.

We recently completed full production batches on the 2015 WRX's new FA20F DIT stock location turbo. it has a new low mount twin scroll turbo. It took us a year to get the tooling made because the turbine housing was the most complicated one our foundry had ever cast. It remains to be seen how complicated the RS' turbine housing will be to make, but it could be 6-12 months before we have production aftermarket turbos available.

In the mean time, we will probably work on other bolt ons like exhausts, intakes, intercooler, etc. for the Focus RS platform.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 02:37 PM

BTW, here is our RS that we just bought for this purpose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2016_ford_focus_rs-pic-8307659056867336854-1024x768.jpeg (77.9 KB, 8 views)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedence View Post
This guy on youtube has a 2015 4 cylinder turbo mustang, hes upgraded his turbos, or at least the software. I think this is a good place to start still being this far out from sale date...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vA-Lk6cnc
BTW, we will have a new Mustang EcoBoost stock location turbo upgrade to market soon.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 03:29 PM

I think if I was going for an upgrade and living in the UK, I would talk with Cosworth first. They did the upgrade work for Ford on the Mastang engine to produce the extra power for the RS engine.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 05:13 PM

Cosworth has absolutely shown nothing but amazing products throughout.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page