Brake Pads - Ford Focus RS Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Brake Pads

• Has anyone found a source for aftermarket high performance pads?
  • What is the pad shape and thickness and/or FMSI number?
  • Are the RS pads the same as another shape, like the one that comes on the Mustang?

Thanks!
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 11:35 AM

Brembo is generally a great peformance brake pad brand but the Rs already comes with those. Why are you looking to get a new set?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 11:52 AM

I don't think I would really feel the need to veer off and get another brake pad. The Brembos will definitely be more than enough.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
I don't think I would really feel the need to veer off and get another brake pad. The Brembos will definitely be more than enough.
I totally agree with Focused, the current solution is more than adequate. Your biggest worry is probably that the vehicle behind you can't stop as the RS brakes are far better than those fitted to that vehicle.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
I totally agree with Focused, the current solution is more than adequate. Your biggest worry is probably that the vehicle behind you can't stop as the RS brakes are far better than those fitted to that vehicle.
That scares me all the darn time. It's not the guy in front that I'm typically worried about, it's the guy behind me lol

But yes, along with everyone else, when you have a top brand company like brembo supplying brakes... what could you possibly think of switching "up" to ? The next step is like 4 piston BBK which at that point will be complete overkill unless you plan on making the next GT3 car...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 01:27 PM

Yes you can do something about the guy in front, it's all a bit wing and a prayer with the guy behind.☺
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointby View Post
  • Has anyone found a source for aftermarket high performance pads?
  • What is the pad shape and thickness and/or FMSI number?
  • Are the RS pads the same as another shape, like the one that comes on the Mustang?

Thanks!

Once we find out what pads these cars use we will have track pads available. We'll get G-Loc or Carbotech to make them if need be.

Can you take some photo's/measurements?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 10:35 AM

I'm not 100% sure if anyone here has one as of yet ....? Someone correct me if I'm wrong and post some pictures already, Really want to see these things on peoples driveway
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rspeed View Post
I'm not 100% sure if anyone here has one as of yet ....? Someone correct me if I'm wrong and post some pictures already, Really want to see these things on peoples driveway
Just been told by my Dealer in the UK the factory is about to close for three weeks for holidays. That's the time most car manufacturers change the tooling for the next year's model. Rumour is we might be getting SYNC3 here in the UK. My build slot has now gone out to November! So no pictures of my car on the drive before 2017!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 02:35 PM

3 weeks ?! That's outrageous. Ugh just even more anxiety.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page