New RS Sony Sound system?? - Ford Focus RS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By NJboneless

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
New RS Sony Sound system??

So I am curious if anyone has info on the 10 speaker Sony sound system that the RS will be coming with. Although I will probably be listening to pops and burbles most the time while driving, on the side I am an "amateur" audiophile and really enjoy my music.

I cannot find anything as to the quality of the system, and although my hopes arent very high for a premium sound experience I was wondering if anyone else has some knowledge of it?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Rs sony system

Enjoy the awesome performance of the Audio System from Sony® which is available in the available Navigation with Sony®/SYNC® 3 and ST2 package. It’s standard on Titanium. Featured components include Sony, 390 watts of power and 10 Sony speakers (9 speakers for Electric) including a rear subwoofer. It comes with a single-CD player and is, of course, MP3-capable. On Electric, the Sony Audio system has 9 speakers.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/rs/
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddriver View Post
Enjoy the awesome performance of the Audio System from Sony® which is available in the available Navigation with Sony®/SYNC® 3 and ST2 package. It’s standard on Titanium. Featured components include Sony, 390 watts of power and 10 Sony speakers (9 speakers for Electric) including a rear subwoofer. It comes with a single-CD player and is, of course, MP3-capable. On Electric, the Sony Audio system has 9 speakers.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/rs/
Thanks for the reply. I apologize for not being clearer about the question, I was referring to any first hand experience that anyone has had with the system. I didnt see that it was standard on titanium, maybe I should stop by my local ford dealer and check out one of their new Focuses, maybe that would have the same audio system.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 12:04 PM
GAL

sony stereo

Just collected my rs today and i have never had such a bad sounding stereo not even in a van.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAL View Post
Just collected my rs today and i have never had such a bad sounding stereo not even in a van.
That bad eh ?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAL View Post
Haha crap. Atleast we will have the engine noise + pops and burbles to be listening to instead?
focus pilot likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:41 PM

is it any different than the ST? if its the same as the ST then I'm fine with it
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 11:27 AM

Sound....System

Hi, Got mine in December. It's tolerable. But...I didn't buy the car for the stereo. That's just an extra. Works fine with Apple play. So I have the stuff I need. Car is quiet enough in "normal" mode for a good system if you need that sort of thing. So if you are into tunes and don't need or want Sync 3 then pony up for a new system. I'm going to upgrade my system to a Magnafow! ;-)

ryergti
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 12:40 PM

I just bought mine and am not impressed with the sound system. Will be looking for ways to beef it up keeping the headend stock.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 01:06 AM

I would definitely like to upgrade the stock amp and sub for a better one. Hopefully we can get some kind of upgrades made for this. Because I hate that the max volume is only 30. Its barely hearable if you're cruising on the highway at 80mph with the windows down.

-Chiron02

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page