Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

Getrag Gearbox?

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cosmonaut 
#1 ·
Haven't seen mention of where the Focus RS will get its gearbox from. The one thing I do know is that the Focus ST uses a Getrag box, so until otherwise stated I'm assuming the RS will use a beefed up version of that...

Oh and keep your eyes out for clutch info, the old RS' used to come with a dual mass racing clutch, hope something similar has stuck around for 2017...

#2 ·
I read that the Focus RS will be getting a six-speed manual transmission, but I don't know much more than that. I also read that the Focus RS will get a few different drive modes.

From Car and Driver:

The RS will come standard with a six-speed manual transmission, just like the Focus ST. Unlike the ST, the RS has a drive-mode button; Ford hasn't told us yet what modes there are, but are we crazy for hoping one riffs off of the Tesla P85D's "Insane Mode"? Maybe call it "Ludicrous Speed" or something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.