Ford Focus RS Forum banner
  • Black Friday For 72 hours, forum members get 20% off at RevZilla with code FORUMS20.
  • Copy to prompt input

370bhp in 1.5 Hours !

9K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  GrauGeist 
#1 ·
Mountune has introduced a simple, 1.5 installation time kit that will boost your Focus RS up to 370bhp and 376lb-ft of torque.

The kit consists of a high performance air filter, bespoke alloy crossover duct with high-performance silicone hoses, an upgraded air re-circulation valve, and revised software tuning for the ECU so everything plays nicely with each other.

Best part about this ? It only costs £899.

These upgrades will bump your 0-62mph time up by two-tenths, translating that to 4.5 seconds.

Looks like this is the competitive edge the Focus RS needs to get a bit closer to the AMG A45 ?

*This kit is fully approved by Ford Performance as they have a history of working with Mountune. The parts can even be installed by Mountune-approved Ford dealerships

#5 ·
I think that the battle you have with Ford if something in the transmission failed would be epic. The way these things go you would probably have to have a legal battle with Ford before they would repair the part.

BTW. I checked with the insurance people and they said any increase in power from standard would double your insurance costs.

#17 ·
I think I should've posted what I did elsewhere here! I just got a recall from the dealer to replace the head gasket OR the head and gasket!! My car was new in Oct. and presently has the winter tires on it, and 2340 miles! The dealer is doing another RS before mine, so I will get (hopefully) higher on the tech's learning curve. I think the only mods I may do would be a Ford Perf. exhaust (ungodly expensive at $1600+ from CJ PonyParts) and possibly the Mountune shift arm that replaces the stock Ford arm. At my age (nearly 72) the car is more than fast enough for me! But, with head gasket recalls already, I am wondering how safe it IS to bump up power a lot(?)

#18 ·
Update to RS Recall: The dealer I will be going to has stated that the car they are working on ahead of mine will not only need a new head (and gasket) but other parts that they were unaware of. I have a 2017. Is this problem endemic to that year only?? I haven't seen anything about this on the Forum so far......!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.