Exhaust Tuning - Laziness ? - Ford Focus RS Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Exhaust Tuning - Laziness ?

Recently read another article on exhaust tuning. This one however was more-so based on the opinion that having a car sound like a straight piped beater seems to be the norm coming from manufacturers now.

Another opinion was that the F-Type Jaguar doesn't sound like a $100,000 car and more so like something cheap because of the obnoxious tone and the raspiness and crackles and pops.

We've all heard the Focus RS and popping is definitely what it does best. I'm personally a fan of it to be completely honest, I enjoy being able to hear my car going through the gears, having a few pops going off for the attention, etc.

What do you guys think though ?

Article : http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...xhaust-tuning/

Quote:
Have manufacturers gotten lazy, or has this notion of obnoxious exhausts just become the new norm?
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 11:51 AM

This is an actual interesting read and it all really comes down to personal preference. I think the loud and obnoxious noises belong to the cars in the higher end. They have intense powerhouses and deserve to have those demonic raspy tones.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 12:59 PM

I much prefer a quiet car, that way when I'm (ahem) "using the performance potential to the full" I don't attract any unwanted attention (especially that of the law enforcement type). I like to keep a low profile as much as possible.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
I much prefer a quiet car, that way when I'm (ahem) "using the performance potential to the full" I don't attract any unwanted attention (especially that of the law enforcement type). I like to keep a low profile as much as possible.
I am with you, nice quiet car and that way the law is not drawn to the noise and do not take to much notice. The odd pop and bang in sport mode is quite enough on a sunny day.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 02:38 PM

Nothing attracts the ol' 5-0 like a couple exhaust shots popped off on a nice spirited drive lol
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I can only imagine how crazy it would send our ministry of transportation down here ! They would be convinced it was straight piped
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 12:24 PM

Which part of the world are you from? Sounds llike it could be from the southern hemisphere.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 02:51 PM

I got popped by the 5-0 as soon as I came out of the shop sporting a new Greddy exhaust in my Civic. I asked why when it was a legally certified part. He said, because it's shiny. So he pops my hood and sees the Legal intake. He still sent me to court where the judge just threw out the case after paying a $10 admin fee but I had to take the day off.

California for you.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 03:21 PM

Pleased it got thrown out of court. What a nice officer, not!
Judo likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
Which part of the world are you from? Sounds llike it could be from the southern hemisphere.
From Ontario actually !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page