RS Focus Production End Date - Ford Focus RS Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down RS Focus Production End Date

I was told yesterday by two different Ford Dealers in the UK that they expect the RS Focus to go out of production in 2017 when the new Focus goes into production.

This means that there will only be a few thousand units ever made, what a great shame
ExtremeFocus likes this.

Last edited by Red Leader; 04-12-2016 at 05:41 AM.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 12:04 PM

Got to love how they planned it out. While it sucks for those that want to get one going forward, it will benefit current owners and those that wish to get one second hand. Value of these will hold well throughout a reasonable timeframe..

But one thing to look forward to is what the next RS is going to be like. They did great improvements to the new Raptor compared to the last one
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 12:24 PM

Maybe it'll go out of production at the end of 2017? Sucks that there's going to be such limited amount of Focus RS being produced. The original RS is going to hold onto its value very well especially with the driving it's meant for. A few Focus RS' are going to be scrapped on track and that's going to reduce the amount that's still running in the world.

A lot of fans are going to be disappointed and Ford will need to deliver an even better Focus now that the bar has been set so high.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 12:54 PM
gio

This is very contradictory with what many Ford executives have said to the press only a few weeks ago. I remember watching one interview where they specifically asked about production numbers and the Ford Executive replied that it was not going to be a limited production car with production runs similar to the FoST.

Last edited by gio; 04-13-2016 at 03:56 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 12:11 PM

Ford's Marketing Director said that they are building less RS than ST and not much about the 2017 model year.
It's around the 2:55 minute mark int eh video adn he doesn't say anything specific.

I assume if two dealerships are saying the same thing, there's some truth to it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
As one of the Dealerships is wholly owned by Ford UK I would say there is a lot of truth in it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 08:28 PM

Guess the RS Focus really will go out of production in 2017 but the question would be when in 2017? The beginning of the year or end?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeFocus View Post
Guess the RS Focus really will go out of production in 2017 but the question would be when in 2017? The beginning of the year or end?
From what I've read (nothing official, but seems logical), FoRS Mk III production will stop around August 2017 (whenever the Saarlouis plant changes over to Mk IV Focus production).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 12:04 PM
gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
From what I've read (nothing official, but seems logical), FoRS Mk III production will stop around August 2017 (whenever the Saarlouis plant changes over to Mk IV Focus production).
So what this means for us in US is that we either get one of the first FoRSs with an insane mark-up or nothing at all?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
So what this means for us in US is that we either get one of the first FoRSs with an insane mark-up or nothing at all?
I'm not sure.

Ford seems to have ramped up production of the FoRS recently, but I don't know whether production will catch up to demand enough so that there will be sufficient supply to discourage US dealers from asking for ADMs or not. I'm hoping so, as I would like to drive one before I decide whether to buy one or not.

From what I've been reading on other FoRS forums there do seem to be quite a few people who have recently cancelled their US orders so it might be possible to pick up one of those (but whether or not you can find one without an ADM I have no idea).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page