Floor Mats for the RS - Ford Focus RS Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Floor Mats for the RS

Hi, everybody!

I got my 2016 Focus RS on Friday, June 17th. I have already started adding aftermarket items, and the very first item I added, of course, was floor mats. And, natch, I selected the laser measured mats from MacNeil Automotive (www.weathertech.com). I've got bad news for all you RS owners out there. Despite the fact that the weathertech floor mats are possibly the best ones available, don't bother ordering them! They don't fit. Or rather, the floor mats fit, but the moldings in the mat for the carpeting studs do NOT align!!! I am lucky enough to live just a few miles from their manufacturing facility and store, and one of their sales reps confirmed this sad fact, and as a result, they added a note on their web site to indicate that their mats don't fit the RS. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I volunteered my own car for laser measuring, they indicated that they probably WILL NOT be making a laser measured floor mat to fit the RS.
So, everybody out there is RS land, call, email, text, or snailmail. Let them know that though we may be a small group, we are a very vocal one.
ExtremeFocus and Rspeed like this.

Jedi Guy
Previous:
1994 F150 SVT Lightning, Red
2004 Focus SVT, Red
2013 Focus ST, Race Red
Current: 2016 Focus RS, Nitrous Blue
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 11:54 AM

Well that sucks... hopefully, if enough of us message them, they'll call you for your RS and laser measure it for the perfect mats. weathertech has always been my go to company for floor mats and liners and they're usually pretty good with having what I need.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 02:52 PM

The front and rear mats come as standard on the RS in the UK, I can't believe they are not in the US.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 03:38 PM

Power in numbers ! Let's get this done !!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 12:45 PM

Wait... are they listed for the RS specifically ? Or all of the Focus variations as a general option ?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused View Post
Wait... are they listed for the RS specifically ? Or all of the Focus variations as a general option ?
No just come as part of the standard RS Focus car. If you ordered an RS without any options it would come with Ford supplied floor mats back and front.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 10:58 PM

floor mats

here's what I got.

Brenda Hernandez <BHernandez@weathertech.com>

to me
Thank you for contacting WeatherTech!

The FloorLiners for the Focus RS models are currently in development. We hope to have this product available within the next 8 to 12 weeks. You can submit a product request form at the link below to help make this product a priority for our product development team. When the product becomes available, you should be notified via email.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/p...-request-form/

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you,
ExtremeFocus likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the update! At least we know that they're working on it, now everyone just needs to send them a request to make it a priority.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 12:41 PM

Shouldn't be too long at all, that's great !
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 05:22 PM

Too bad Ford doesn't send out models to companies like that to take measurements or at least invite them out. Weather Tech most likely had to wait for these like potential owners.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page