The optional bucket seats - Ford Focus RS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cosmonaut

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The optional bucket seats

I've specified our RS with the optional bucket seats, but a work associate who has sat in an RS with the bucket seats (it was a left hand drive car being passed around the dealers) felt they were positioned quite low, and they don't of course have height adjustment.

I'm 6 foot tall and so its not an issue for me, but my wife is 5 foot 1 and so I'm now wondering if they might be too low for her!

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts? I thought I'd read a reviewer saying he thought they'd been fixed too high.

Best regards.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 03:18 PM

So the bucket seats are not adjustable in terms of height? At least not easily with the press of a button. Is there any cushions or the like that your wife could use in order to raise up the seating position for your wife?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Its my understanding that the bucket seats aren't height adjustable; though I'm sure I've read comment that they are set too high.

As you say, if need be we can use a cushion.

Cheers.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 09:46 PM

That sucks but it's a good excuse for someone to spend on an after market set wouldn't mind seeing that happen
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 02:14 PM

That's unfortunate...

I haven't heard anything regarding to the bucket seat being adjustable.

But yes.. seat cushion is the way to go for the meantime... lol
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 03:26 PM

So they aren't adjustable at all? Not even in a less convenient way that involves wrenches or screwdrivers or something like that?
FocusRSGirl likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 04:16 PM

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut View Post
So they aren't adjustable at all? Not even in a less convenient way that involves wrenches or screwdrivers or something like that?
Time for an aftermarket to produce one!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM

I have a 2016 RS 2 and use the car as a daily driver. The seats only adjust up and down from the rear mounts on the seat and do not adjust up and down from the front at all. I am 6 feet and find the seats to be very uncomfortable and don't understand how such an amazing car could be built and have front seats that are flat out uncomfortable. Wrote to Ford but had no response. I am looking for a different seat and welcome any suggestions from anyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page